Final take. ONE trade. ;-)

Suffering_Bills

20 hours ago, Smhx2519 said:

I’m sure we sign a free agent qb like Sam Bradford or trade for AJ McCarron or Alex Smith. I don’t see us heading into the season with a rookie starter. 

You might wind up in a bidding war, then. Lots of teams are looking for a free-agent vet. Assuming you even get one, let alone a GOOD one, why not do the smart thing for the future, and let the rookie sit and learn for a year?

3 hours ago, Suffering_Bills said:

You might wind up in a bidding war, then. Lots of teams are looking for a free-agent vet. Assuming you even get one, let alone a GOOD one, why not do the smart thing for the future, and let the rookie sit and learn for a year?

That would be the ideal plan. Bring in a vet for a year or 2 and draft a QB. But I don’t see Rudolph as a first round talent. I’d rather take BPA and draft Mike White or Luke Falk in 2nd or 3rd. Both of which I think will be better than Rudolph. 

I was mad you took Barkley instead of Darnold at #1, but then you salvaged it by having us take Darnold at #4.

I highly doubt we take Barkley at #1 regardless. He's more than likely going to be available at #4. No point in taking him at 1 and praying our preferred QB falls to us.

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:03 AM, Smhx2519 said:

I’m sure we sign a free agent qb like Sam Bradford or trade for AJ McCarron or Alex Smith. I don’t see us heading into the season with a rookie starter. 

Well, there's one free-agent QB off your list, with Smith gone to the Redskins. Who's next on the options chart?

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:07 PM, BleedTheClock said:

I was mad you took Barkley instead of Darnold at #1, but then you salvaged it by having us take Darnold at #4.

I highly doubt we take Barkley at #1 regardless. He's more than likely going to be available at #4. No point in taking him at 1 and praying our preferred QB falls to us.

I think you're right. Changed.

Archived