Josh McDaniels withdraws from Colts HC job

Wyld Stallyns

17 minutes ago, stallyns said:

I love that George Brewer is making a case for Frank Reich by using “Ballard and him share an agent”, where have I heard that before? Oh got it, Ballard and McDaniels also share an agent. Forgot about that one. 

That piece of logic aside, I honestly think that would be a good move.  I'm shocked he didn't get any HC interviews this off season, personally feel he was more deserving of them than Defilippo.

11 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

Browns fan here. I have absolutely no feeling towards the Colts, good or bad, but when I read the crap that McDaniels pulled on you guys...I got seriously Peed-off! That wormy, spineless, rat-bastard! Man has zero integrity; when a man makes a deal he stands by that deal. It dont matter if something better strolls along, you made a deal. A mans word means nothing anymore. And to do it this late in the game, in frickin Febuary, when all thats left is the bottum of the barrel, is the lowest part. 

All I got to say, he better inherit the Patriots HC job, cuz he aint ever getting another owner to buy his BS. Lil cockroach! My sympathies fellas. Good luck finding your guy. Hope hes great and makes this whole episode a funny footnote in your history. 

Hey, fellow Browns fan. I just stopped by to see the reaction and if there were any names floating around. I’ve heard Toub, but no one else. As for a coach standing by his deal, McDaniels had no further to look than to his own head coach, who backed out of his deal to coach the Jets back in 1999, I think. The apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree...You all might be better off anyhow. 

Lions fan here. I feel awful for you guys. That was a really scummy move but as some have said, maybe you're better off not having him in the long run.

What do you think of Jim Schwartz coming in as HC? He lifted us up from 0-16 and has done a really solid job with the Bills and just won the SB with the Eagles. I've been surprised that he hasn't been given more opportunities myself but would be intrigued to see what you guys think.

When Ballard was talking about hiring a new Head Coach he said that he didn’t want a coach who was here only for Luck. He wanted a coach who wanted to be here in Indy. His response to McDaniel’s decision. “I don’t care about the explanation, either you’re in or you’re out.”

and he finished the presser with

”...and the rivalry is back on” 

big time man crush on Ballard right now. 

Archived