ProBowl Mock. 3 Rounds, 2 trades. Update : 4th round

zappa13004

53 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Thomas performed well in the Shrine Game.

Not so well in my opinion, i was waiting for more of him in this game but he could worth a 4th. And then i agree with your choices for the Lions even if i think of a G or a C early (1-2-3).

2 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

WR : Dante Pettis DL : Justin Jones

About LB im waiting to see what happens with Zach Brown as Mason Foster will be back. I thought about a RB but i thought there is a nice complementary duo in Perine-Thompson.

Enough to pass on Derwin James ? Euhh well. You know him more than me so i wont argue but im doubtful for now.

True in a way. No reference to RG3, not at all. But i do not want him to the Jags and i had to put him somewhere, it was the 'Skins this time.

Well, I dont want him to the Redskins. 

Nicholson was actually rated as one of the top S's in the league in 2017. There was a list out on twitter:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2755357-nfl1000-ranking-the-top-free-safeties-of-2017-season

1517252386-U13096.png

17 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Not so well in my opinion, i was waiting for more of him in this game but he could worth a 4th. And then i agree with your choices for the Lions even if i think of a G or a C early (1-2-3).

He  was one of the top guys in the Shrine Game (for what that is worth). I didn't see the Senior Bowl so I can't speak on his performance there. I think he offers really good value in the 4th if he's there.

I agree that OG is a need and I had considered one in the third. Ballage seems to be picking up some steam and likely wouldn't be available later. I'd have gladly taken Kareem Hunt in the 3rd last year (even before he had his league rushing title season). Even if Ballage is 3/4 that type of player it would be a huge improvement in our run game.

45 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Oh noooooooooooooo !!! Did i put Royce Freeman in the 3rd ? :$:D Plz forget about that pick ! Big mistake !

To piggyback my comment earlier about defensive ends to the Browns, Duke Ejiofor would make a lot of sense there. That said, the Browns could use an upgrade at center, and you have both Mason Cole and James Daniels available at pick 65 so that could be in play. 

3 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

He  was one of the top guys in the Shrine Game

We didn't see the same game ! But it is me, maybe i started to get drowsy but i remember to look at Chad Thomas and always seeing him glued by the OT not able to beat him. But yes i watched some Miami this season and he definitely has value in the 4th.

3 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I didn't see the Senior Bowl so I can't speak on his performance there

You missed nothing, he didn't play.

3 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

To piggyback my comment earlier about defensive ends to the Browns, Duke Ejiofor would make a lot of sense there. That said, the Browns could use an upgrade at center, and you have both Mason Cole and James Daniels available at pick 65 so that could be in play. 

Anyway Dorsey will take Darnold first and then Chubb at 4.

Not really a fan of trading up for any QB for the Jets unless it's Rosen. But that's just my personal preference. I do like the other picks you have us addressing though. Although Carter lasting that long is not going to happen. Dude might be a 1st Rounder.

14 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

We didn't see the same game ! But it is me, maybe i started to get drowsy but i remember to look at Chad Thomas and always seeing him glued by the OT not able to beat him. But yes i watched some Miami this season and he definitely has value in the 4th.

You missed nothing, he didn't play.

I watched some of the Shrine Game on the NFL Network. I'm sure there's some video floating around.

Love most off it for the Bengals.  You know I am high on Brown, and getting him while picking up a third is gold.

In the second, I like Smith, but Russell Bodine still sux, so I would go Ragnow in a heartbeat.  All Lewis said in whatever interview the Bodine thing came up was that he liked him enough to try to get him back.  I tend to disregard about everything Marvin says publicly anyway.  Now if the team re-signs him in April, I'm fine with a guard here, but would prefer getting a LB, since we passed on Edmunds in the first.  FWIW, I think the first round pick will be either an OT or LB, unless a defensive play maker like Chubb or Minkah falls to #12.

In the third, I would have been beyond mad if we get that close to Daniels and missed out, assuming that Smith was the pick in the second.  Since I would take ragnow at 46, Settle is a solid choice.  I would also strongly consider DeShon Elliott at that spot too.  Given we have two out of those three or four picks after the cards trade, I'd also consider Fumagali and Mason Cole, depending on how the earlier rounds and free agency panned out.  If we took Smith, like in your mock, Cole has to be one of the two selections.  As for your pick of Cabinda, I know nothing about him at all, so I don't want to comment +/- and sound uninformed.

The Brenaman pick works under your scenario, but would be silly if we took Fumagali earlier.  I've only seen a couple of highlights of him, so I defer to your judgement that he'd be worth it at this point in the draft.  Too bad Mason Rudolph went a couple of picks earlier, because I could see him taken to replace McCarron (whether he is URFA or ends up traded as a RFA).

In the fourth, we still need that QB, so it works.  But I'd be tempted to take Poona Ford.  And if no safety had been selected, I'd sprint to the podium for Kazir White at this point.  We need the depth.

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I watched some of the Shrine Game on the NFL Network. I'm sure there's some video floating around.

I watched the full game and i dont want to watch it again, not even highlights ! Not such a good game. I liked Thomas with Miami not so much in this game, nothing more.

59 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Love most off it for the Bengals

Not about your "love" but for that nice feedback. You could have said you dislike it all and id like it the same as i like explicite feedback like you did.

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

but Russell Bodine still sux

I agree. And you know it yet as you saw all my mocks than i think you should upgrade that spot especially this year as there is good Cs to take. But that public commitment to Bodine, well, i stayed away from a center this time. My opinion, your opinion, only Lewis' opinion matters.

Settle is a solid choice.

Yes i think as Billings didnt show much and as i made that choice i didn't consider Poona Ford later. But i agree, that undersized bowling ball is interesting.

The Brenaman pick works under your scenario

Didnt see any UMass games this season, only highlights so it is just a feeling. He seems to be a good pass catcher to replace Eifert and play next to or behind Kroft.

We need the depth.

Yes. Kizir White but the QB first right ? That was the thought..

Archived