Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bigbadbuff23835

Which Wide Receiver Do You Want?

Recommended Posts

I think it’s clear we need another wide out, but who?

I really love Jarvis Landry as a player and think he’d be a great fit in our offense, but Zay Jones should also be a slot receiver so I’m not sure that would work.

What receiver should we be targeting? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sammy Watkins would be a great deep threat for us.

In all seriousness though, Taylor Gabriel or Albert Wilson would be a nice deep threat for us. 

Unless Zay makes a huge stride in his second season, hopefully not fighting an injury the whole time, I don't see our WR group doing much to scare opponents. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Sammy Watkins would be a great deep threat for us.

In all seriousness though, Taylor Gabriel or Albert Wilson would be a nice deep threat for us. 

Unless Zay makes a huge stride in his second season, hopefully not fighting an injury the whole time, I don't see our WR group doing much to scare opponents. 

I 100% agree. That’s why i think we need to make a move for a big time receiver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allen Robinson. Could give him like a 2 year deal, second year being an option year for us given his knee injury this past season. Serves as sort of a prove it year for him coming back from the injury. Good size WR with a knack to get into the endzone. I've loved watching him play and could do good things here with our run game being able to take some pressure off of him and setting him up with a good QB to play with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, davidderion said:

Allen Robinson. Could give him like a 2 year deal, second year being an option year for us given his knee injury this past season. Serves as sort of a prove it year for him coming back from the injury. Good size WR with a knack to get into the endzone. I've loved watching him play and could do good things here with our run game being able to take some pressure off of him and setting him up with a good QB to play with.

Sounds good but Allen Robinson will get more than a 2 yr contract 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allen Robinson will want similar to what Alshon Jeffrey got with Philly 1 year 14-15 mil prove it deal then go for a long term contract. Bills have to many needs to spend that much money on a wr. Jarvis Landry is another guy people want but he is going to want 14+ mil a year he is a slot receiver that may or may not be good on the outside but again alot of money to sink in to the position with an unknown qb position. If Tyrod does stay and is the starter spending this much money on a wr is a waste as he doesnt attempt that many passes to WRs. I think the 32 mil in cap space can be spent better on LB, DT, and right side of oline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Allen Robinson will want similar to what Alshon Jeffrey got with Philly 1 year 14-15 mil prove it deal then go for a long term contract. Bills have to many needs to spend that much money on a wr. Jarvis Landry is another guy people want but he is going to want 14+ mil a year he is a slot receiver that may or may not be good on the outside but again alot of money to sink in to the position with an unknown qb position. If Tyrod does stay and is the starter spending this much money on a wr is a waste as he doesnt attempt that many passes to WRs. I think the 32 mil in cap space can be spent better on LB, DT, and right side of oline.

There’s a better chance of me starting at QB for the Bills next year than Tyrod tbh. We will have a little over 40 million in space we will be aight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Allen Robinson will want similar to what Alshon Jeffrey got with Philly 1 year 14-15 mil prove it deal then go for a long term contract. Bills have to many needs to spend that much money on a wr. Jarvis Landry is another guy people want but he is going to want 14+ mil a year he is a slot receiver that may or may not be good on the outside but again alot of money to sink in to the position with an unknown qb position. If Tyrod does stay and is the starter spending this much money on a wr is a waste as he doesnt attempt that many passes to WRs. I think the 32 mil in cap space can be spent better on LB, DT, and right side of oline.

Right on man. Welcome to the forum by the way.

We need a QB that can get the ball to WRs regularly before we look to spend a significant portion of our cap on a WR.

I'd also like to keep our options open on Benjamin. If he balls out with our new QB I'd rather have him back. If we spend a ton on a WR this year you can guarantee Benjamin leaves next offseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

There’s a better chance of me starting at QB for the Bills next year than Tyrod tbh. We will have a little over 40 million in space we will be aight.

This isn't necessarily true. If we draft a QB that isn't NFL ready like Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson I think there will be a good chance he'll be back imo

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

This isn't necessarily true. If we draft a QB that isn't NFL ready like Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson I think there will be a good chance he'll be back imo

 

I don’t even think he will be on the roster by then to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the bills could look for a cheaper option who can make a splash on the outside at the #2 wr position opposite to Kbenji and leaving Zay in the slot would be a guy like Albert Wilson. He has some decent hands and runs a 4.35-4.4 which bills desperately need. I dont think he would command alot and I do not see KC resigning him. If bills make a move for Alex Smith this would bring previous chemistry so that is a plus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly would resign Matthews he is a good WR just was hurt all year.  He shouldn't command a lot of money either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Buffalo Fan said:

I honestly would resign Matthews he is a good WR just was hurt all year.  He shouldn't command a lot of money either.

My only concern with him is that he plays the slot and so does Zay so someone is going to be out of position again and the bills have no deep threat which they have seen. I am sure Jordan will move on to have a solid season under a qb that focuses on the slot for him to shine like in Miami if Jarvis leaves but it doesnt solve the Wr problem the bills have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a decent priced alternative could be WR Mike Wallace, he could be the speedster on the outside and I doubt would cost much more than $5 mil a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think Albert Wilson could be this years Bryant Johnson for us.

That year we needed a tall WR. Johnson was a backup WR. Always been a 30-50 catches a year guy. People expected him to break out once he left. Bills fans wanted him so bad. And did nothing afterwards.

This year we need a fast WR. Wilson is a backup WR. Always been a 30-50 catches a year guy. People expected him to break out once he leaves. Bills fans will want him. And he probably won't do anything afterwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×