(Polls) John Dorsey, Darnold Vs. Mayfield, & the Case of Mahomes

Mind Character

Does Dorsey prefer Baker Mayfield or Sam Darnold?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Does Dorsey prefer Baker Mayfield or Sam Darnold?

2. 2. For some of us, personal QB rankings have changed.So, at this point, who do you prefer at QB?

• Josh Rosen
    • Baker Mayfield
    • Sam Darnold
    • Josh Allen
    • Lamar Jackson
  3. 3. If we sign Kirk Cousins, should we still draft a QB at 1?

• No. You have to go all in on Cousins. Use the 1st and 4th pick on surrounding him with talent
    • No. Take BPA at 1 and use the 4th pick on a QB
    • Yes. You have to take a QB1, Cousins is 30 years old and could regress or get injured?

Even before the news of Scot McCloughan (Dorsey's best friend and close scouting adviser) saying Baker was the next Brett Favre and he'd take him number 1 became popularized, I've had the belief that Dorsey was taking Baker Mayfield number 1.

I said it multiple times on this forum, and I am searching for any compelling arguments for why Dorsey won't go Baker over Darnold (Anyone out there?? Give me your arguments please).

The only thing that I can cling to right now is the Case of Patrick Mahomes as many of Mahomes' issues parallel that of Darnold.

For both QBs, footwork leading to inaccuracy was a major issue at times, but like Mahomes in spite of poor footwork the vast majority of times they are able to be pinpoint accurate and make NFL pinpoint accurate throws under duress.

They extend the play similarly.

Their pocket poise and ability to keep eyes down the field is really good.

Their intangibles are off the charts.

They have the it factor.

Both have been longterm baseball players and pitchers similar to Jameis Winston and have quick baseball release.

They work through progressions at an elite level.

Their touch, down field accuracy, and back shoulder throw ability is really good.

Mahomes' arm is in a different category of course and their are some stark differences in their

Dorsey loved Mahomes because he also ranked 1st out of the QBs in the battery of mental processing and working memory tests they ran on the QBs.

Will/can Darnold perform the same?

Is this a truly sh*t thread of a person grasping at straws that knows the inevitability of Baker Mayfield is upon us?

Will humanity be vaporized due to stupidity before Darnold and Josh Gordon lead us too a super bowl?

He seems to really value the mental side of being a QB. In every talk he has given Dorsey always states something about 1) Being a leader of men 2) Having the mental makeup and 3) Does he win?

Those are the 3 things he always mentions but he always talks about something involving the mental side. If he can learn, bounce back from mistakes, recognize defenses, ect. So whoever that is between Darnold/Mayfield will be the guy.

However my  stance stays the same on if we aquire Alex Smith/Kirk Cousins. We shouldnt and wont draft a QB in the first round.

36 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

He seems to really value the mental side of being a QB. In every talk he has given Dorsey always states something about 1) Being a leader of men 2) Having the mental makeup and 3) Does he win?

Those are the 3 things he always mentions but he always talks about something involving the mental side. If he can learn, bounce back from mistakes, recognize defenses, ect. So whoever that is between Darnold/Mayfield will be the guy.

However my  stance stays the same on if we aquire AJ McCarron/Kirk Cousins: we wont draft a QB in the first round.

For better or worse, fify.

Alex Smith at his age and ability will not stop us from grabbing a first round QB other than perhaps us grabbing one at 4, depending on how the draft shakes out.

Can't say as I ever was a Farve fan.

Thought he was a major d-bag.

Think Mayfield will be, too.

I share your concern about what Dorsey will do.

Ironic as it might seem, Hueball might dig in his heels with his 6'2" minimum height requirement and actually come to our rescue.

Just now, bruceb said:

Can't say as I ever was a Farve fan.

Thought he was a major d-bag.

Think Mayfield will be, too.

I share your concern about what Dorsey will do.

Ironic as it might seem, Hueball might dig in his heels with his 6'2" minimum height requirement and actually come to our rescue.

What QB has actually failed because of their height though?

Who was the last guy who you saw and thought to yourself “that guy can do everything but his height just isn’t up to snuff”?

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What QB has actually failed because of their height though?

Who was the last guy who you saw and thought to yourself “that guy can do everything but his height just isn’t up to snuff”?

That's Hueball's requirement, so ask him.

I read pre-draft reports on Mahomes yesterday and had a glimmer of hope that Dorsey can see his way clear to overriding his visions of Farve and memories of times past and take Darnold.

I simply do not want Rosen or Mayfield.

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

For better or worse, fify.

Alex Smith at his age and ability will not stop us from grabbing a first round QB other than perhaps us grabbing one at 4, depending on how the draft shakes out.

Yea if Alex Smith is the QB--I give the Browns about a 25% chance of grabbing another QB at #4. It doesnt become a serious need anymore, but I think it eliminates it from the #1 need.

Im higher on Smith than most people, I still think he has 3 good years left in him

12 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yea if Alex Smith is the QB--I give the Browns about a 25% chance of grabbing another QB at #4. It doesnt become a serious need anymore, but I think it eliminates it from the #1 need.

Im higher on Smith than most people, I still think he has 3 good years left in him

Even if we do get Smith, I still take a QB at #1. No questions asked.

9 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Even if we do get Smith, I still take a QB at #1. No questions asked.

You dont spend the #1 pick on somebody you are not going to play for 3 years. If you plan on Smith being a 1 year rental---you will not give up a 2nd + change to get him. Thats also stupid. If Alex Smith is on this team that means they have plans for him to be the QB for the next few seasons given the amount of compensation you will have to give up to get him. Hes not just a free agent like Cousins.

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

You dont spend the #1 pick on somebody you are not going to play for 3 years. If you plan on Smith being a 1 year rental---you will not give up a 2nd + change to get him. Thats also stupid. 

Go back to the Broncos forum. 

Archived