free agent vs drafted corner

Pandomonium

New Starter at CB   

8 members have voted

1. 1. How would you prefer we acquire our new starting CB?

• via free agency, we have the dough, and there are some really good players available
    • via draft, There are some interesting prospects in this years draft
    • our starter is already on this roster, no need to go outside the house

K'wuann Williams was trash for most of the year. Didn't get the extension. 

But he doesn't approach Dontae Johnson levels of bad. More along the lines of..like..early Shawntae Spencer. 

edit: I kind of liked Shawntae though...tbh..

23 hours ago, Forge said:

I mean...the rest of the guys at the position are 'Spoon and Williams, which again, Spoon looks good and Williams is okay, but then you have something called a Greg Mabin, a 480 year old Leon Hall, Asa Jackson, who we all couldn't wait to be rid of last pre-season...it's ugly. That's not a talented depth chart there. It's a bunch of undrafted free agents. People keep bringing up Johnson because he was the best out of the corners after spoon and williams, which is terrifying. 

Johnson and Jackson are UFAs btw.  So getting a good vet to go opposite Akhello and drafting depth/developmental starters isn't a bad idea.

13 hours ago, John232 said:

K'wuann Williams was trash for most of the year. Didn't get the extension. 

But he doesn't approach Dontae Johnson levels of bad. More along the lines of..like..early Shawntae Spencer. 

edit: I kind of liked Shawntae though...tbh..

Not going to lie...so did I. Always thought he was better than he actually was. Same with Brown. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Not going to lie...so did I. Always thought he was better than he actually was. Same with Brown. 

His coverage skills were a bit rough early on, but he got better than after he missed a year with an ACL tear I think. He could also lay the wood as a corner. I remember that hit the nearly killed John Kitna. 

• 2 weeks later...

A guy not getting much love in free agency but could be in play for us is Aaron Colvin from the Jags. He was a highly regarderd draft prospect until a ACL injury in his last year of college dropped his draft stock. Can play inside(he was the Jags slot corner) as well outside and is familar with Saleh and his scheme. He's still realitvely young@26 and Jags fans have said he has improved every year and would like to see him stay. I think he makes alot of sense for us, more so than going after Butler or Fuller.

Yes, I like Colvin and wouldn't mind going after him. He was one of my targets that I hoped for. Either way, I want to get one corner from free agency or via trade (Talib), and then draft one in the draft. We aren't going to be able to address all our needs in one offseason, but it is a must we revamp our CB situation. 

Archived