Landry vs Robinson or?

Pandomonium

who should we go after for our #1 WR this offeseason  

7 members have voted

1. 1. who should be our #1 WR?

• Jarvis Landry
    • Allen Robinson
    • We don't need another WR, Our receiving corps are just fine.
    • We need a true #1 but we should draft one (put answer below and tell why)
    • We need a true #1 but we should sign someone other than the two guys you mentioned (give answer below and tell why)

8 hours ago, DTMW78 said:

One of my guys this year.

Don't think he makes it to our second though.

Seriously, there are just so many interesting WR prospects that don't exactly have the pedigree to be taken in the first, this year, that I'm sure someone interesting will be there in the second. Realistically, who will go in the first? Ridley, maaaybe Sutton, maaaaaaaybeee St.Brown, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybeeee Cobbs? Maybe the last three don't even get picked in the first. Maybe a guy like Kirk does. So a guy like Ateman should be there at the end of the second. Or Chark. Or Gallup. Or we wait and get someone like J'Mon Moore, Jaleel Scott or Allen Lazard. There are so many quality receivers in this draft, and so few legit first rounders. It's bound to create a good opportunity in the second. 

I really think the Combine will determine a lot with the WR class this year. Not in terms of a guy that runs a really fast time like Stephen Hill but more the distinction between a lot of these guys that are pretty similar and can really move up or down based on the 40.

2 hours ago, rudyZ said:

Seriously, there are just so many interesting WR prospects that don't exactly have the pedigree to be taken in the first, this year, that I'm sure someone interesting will be there in the second. Realistically, who will go in the first? Ridley, maaaybe Sutton, maaaaaaaybeee St.Brown, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybeeee Cobbs? Maybe the last three don't even get picked in the first. Maybe a guy like Kirk does. So a guy like Ateman should be there at the end of the second. Or Chark. Or Gallup. Or we wait and get someone like J'Mon Moore, Jaleel Scott or Allen Lazard. There are so many quality receivers in this draft, and so few legit first rounders. It's bound to create a good opportunity in the second. 

who?

2 hours ago, rudyZ said:

2 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

who?

Get him @oldman9er!

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

Get him @oldman9er!

42 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

who?

Who? Who???? you see a damn owl up in here, mang? awwwww hell naw.... 

giphy.gif

LSU WR D.J. Chark dominates Senior Bowl

LSU wide receiver D.J. Chark was flying under the radar until his monster Senior Bowl performance. Chark showcased his explosive speed, ability to create separation and ability to make the first defender miss.

In the Senior Bowl, Chark finished with five receptions for 160 yards and a touchdown. Chark’s most impressive play was his 75 yard touchdown reception, in which he just outran everybody.

At the Senior Bowl weigh-ins, Chark came in at 6-foot-2 and 196 pounds. His production at LSU was not overly impressive, but Chark has all the potential an NFL team could possibly want. He has tremendous upside.

( I'm calling 1st round talent that deserves to at least be selected in the 2nd rd )

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2018/1/29/16940826/nfl-draft-profile-wr-d-j-chark-playoffs-super-bowl-senior-bowl-eagles-patriots-ravens-bills-packers

50 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

who?

DJ Chark, LSU, he of the passionate endorsement by none other than @oldman9er, who was also the first on the Odell Beckham Jr back in the days, and is now pimping his boy Chark... who was great at the Senior Bowl, has the body, the speed, the ball tracking, to be a great deep threat, but also has the shake and quickness to potentially be a great route runner. I'd take Chark before Ateman, no doubt, and Gallup too. So far, I have Ateman with guys like Lazard and Scott, to be honest, after the second round. Not that it means anything, it's not like I made an actual ranking.

10 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Who? Who???? you see a damn owl up in here, mang? awwwww hell naw.... 

giphy.gif

LSU WR D.J. Chark dominates Senior Bowl

sorry guys I didn't get to catch the senior bowl :$

1 minute ago, Pandomonium said:

sorry guys I didn't get to catch the senior bowl :$

Shame on you!! Just kidding.

Although, I had Chark on my radar months ago, but kind of wrote him off because there didn't seem to be any interest in him (due to lack of production). But I noticed him because he had the size and athleticism of a #1 receiver. And OBJ, before him, also suffered from poor production at LSU, before killing it in the offseason and becoming one of the NFL's top receivers. Sometimes the system and talent of their college teams don't do these prospects any favor, and we have to look deeper in order to find the real gems.

1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

Shame on you!! Just kidding.

Although, I had Chark on my radar months ago, but kind of wrote him off because there didn't seem to be any interest in him (due to lack of production). But I noticed him because he had the size and athleticism of a #1 receiver. And OBJ, before him, also suffered from poor production at LSU, before killing it in the offseason and becoming one of the NFL's top receivers. Sometimes the system and talent of their college teams don't do these prospects any favor, and we have to look deeper in order to find the real gems.

honestly, its common mistake made. We overlook LSU WRs because they don't jump off the screen at us because of the recent history of lackluster playcalling and QB play.
I'm going to have to look up some highlight film of this guy and see whats poppin'

but yeah there are a plethora of WRs that I believe are going to be available from 2nd-5th round that may turn into highly productive pros or even pro bowlers

On 2/2/2018 at 1:30 PM, Pandomonium said:

honestly, its common mistake made. We overlook LSU WRs because they don't jump off the screen at us because of the recent history of lackluster playcalling and QB play.
I'm going to have to look up some highlight film of this guy and see whats poppin'

but yeah there are a plethora of WRs that I believe are going to be available from 2nd-5th round that may turn into highly productive pros or even pro bowlers

So true...

Archived