Indians to Remove Chief Wahoo effective 2019

MWil23

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

By the way the BFIB twitter account is getting after it today.

Oh I bet.  I had to check it out awhile ago when Grichuk was traded, as I knew he would retweet all the "Grichuk > Bryant" sentiments that were going around after 2015.  

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Society picking and choosing is how culture works dude, and not just for what's offensive. That's why we have some religious holidays off of work and not others. That's why we wear blue jeans and not kilts. We just decided.

so what % of people need to be offended for something to actually be considered offensive and deemed as needed to change?

Lol at the people (probably not Irish in first place) saying the Fighting Irish logo is offensive. The Irish take pride in that lol, go to Celtic Park and you'll hear pro IRA chants reigning down from the stands still to this day, especially when Rangers come across town.

My parents are from Ireland and trust me, my dad is laughing at you guys. What's next you all gonna stop eating Lucky Charms now because it offensive ?

I get the Indians and Braves switching up but don't bring up the Irish 

2 hours ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Simply because us of Irish descent genuinely do not care at all. 

100% I'd be very interested if there was a statistic of how many Notre Dame fans are in Ireland or if there were television ratings when the Fighting Irish play. If anyone has any insight on how to get those statistics it'll be appreciated 

13 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Lol at the people (probably not Irish in first place) saying the Fighting Irish logo is offensive. The Irish take pride in that lol, go to Celtic Park and you'll hear pro IRA chants reigning down from the stands still to this day, especially when Rangers come across town.

My parents are from Ireland and trust me, my dad is laughing at you guys. What's next you all gonna stop eating Lucky Charms now because it offensive ?

I get the Indians and Braves switching up but don't bring up the Irish 

LOL at people speaking for the entire irish population. this is the same thing as the indians, its a caricature that some could see as unflattering or offensive. if youre in favor of the braves, redskins, indians, blackhawks changing their name then theres no way you shouldnt be in favor of notre dame (among others) doing the same. 

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

oh good you're here

oh look, you took the time to reply with absolute nonsense but werent able to come up with a coherent answer. care to take a stab or wanna stick with that useless response? guessing the latter given what we know.

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

LOL at people speaking for the entire irish population. this is the same thing as the indians, its a caricature that some could see as unflattering or offensive. if youre in favor of the braves, redskins, indians, blackhawks changing their name then theres no way you shouldnt be in favor of notre dame (among others) doing the same. 

Really ? It's not remotely the same thing. Funny that a few of us from Irish decent don't care so that being said if you want to get your panties all twisted by all means have at her. That logo isn't gonna get changed though at end of the day 

1 minute ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Really ? It's not remotely the same thing. Funny that a few of us from Irish decent don't care so that being said if you want to get your panties all twisted by all means have at her. That logo isn't gonna get changed though at end of the day 

It's not sincere. It's a false equivalence to try and say "oh well if we are going to keep the Fighting Irish it's all on the table or nothing is" to try and justify stuff that actually bothers people.

Just now, BillsGuy82 said:

im of irish decent, whats your point. The majority of native americans dont find the redskins mascot offensive, however theres still outrage over it. The issue isnt what mascots will change or wont, its the idea of which ones of them should according to some. if youre strongly in favor of the indians or whoevers but not of notre dames then youre pretty clearly being hypocritical.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It's not sincere. It's a false equivalence to try and say "oh well if we are going to keep the Fighting Irish it's all on the table or nothing is" to try and justify stuff that actually bothers people.

hey look, you managed to ignore my question and tie in the exact issue that i was asking you. takes real talent to avoid critical thinking like that. when you say "bothers people", how many people does it bother? What # of people does there need to be to dictate change? if its only 1,000 who are offended do their thoughts and feelings not matter?

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

hey look, you managed to ignore my question and tie in the exact issue that i was asking you. takes real talent to avoid critical thinking like that. when you say "bothers people", how many people does it bother? What # of people does there need to be to dictate change? if its only 1,000 who are offended do their thoughts and feelings not matter?

Do you want the Fighting Irish mascot removed?

Archived