Titus Young.

diehardlionfan

I feel for the kid and his family. I'm hoping he gets the help he needs. Seems he's going mistreated thus far. Like Naga said, it doesn't sound like Bi-polar but schizophrenia. Unfortunately, I have loved ones with both. It's nothing to play or might light of. I'm rooting for you, Titus!!

I read the article when you shared it on FB and found it heartbreaking. Mental illness is hard enough on its own, but compound that with misdiagnosis, head trauma from his football career, the stigma in our country surrounding mental health, the lack of proper facilities, the lack of education for the public on how accept/deal with/identify/etc. people with mental illness and he was set up to fail. He was incredibly talented, and I hope that he's able to build a support system that can help him find peace, happiness, and a place in the world. He spoke in his journal about trying to get back to football and playing at a high level, and I worry about when he realizes that the opportunity is no longer there as he ages, but it seems like he's come a long way from where he was. I really enjoyed the read. My heart goes out to Titus and all of those struggling with mental illness, as well as their loved ones who go through the ups and downs along with them. I'll be rooting for him to succeed.

7 hours ago, X_Factor_40 said:

I read the article when you shared it on FB and found it heartbreaking. Mental illness is hard enough on its own, but compound that with misdiagnosis, head trauma from his football career, the stigma in our country surrounding mental health, the lack of proper facilities, the lack of education for the public on how accept/deal with/identify/etc. people with mental illness and he was set up to fail. He was incredibly talented, and I hope that he's able to build a support system that can help him find peace, happiness, and a place in the world. He spoke in his journal about trying to get back to football and playing at a high level, and I worry about when he realizes that the opportunity is no longer there as he ages, but it seems like he's come a long way from where he was. I really enjoyed the read. My heart goes out to Titus and all of those struggling with mental illness, as well as their loved ones who go through the ups and downs along with them. I'll be rooting for him to succeed.

Pretty much my feelings. 

Archived