Who will be the next offensive coordinator?

Bballbkd

2 hours ago, Bballbkd said:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2018/01/a_look_at_potential_offensive_coordinators_for_new.html

Flip would be a nice addition to our coaching staff. 

Thoughts? Opinions? Different options?

Wow, I don't know too much about this, and am hoping for some informed opinions here from some of you smart guys. My main reservation is that business about Shurmur calling his own plays- wonder what self-respecting offensive co-ordinator would agree to such constraints? 

Also, Duce Staley looks more like a retired Asian/African-American guard than a former running back.

the-new-york-giants-host-the-philadelphia-eagles-in-week-17-nfl-action-c9f4223933c0504f.jpg

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

Seems like I've read some yowling from disgruntled Seahawks' fans over the years about this guy-

• showtime
  • Moderators
  • mod.gif.8e3889db1402327a6be50ea1443bc888
  • 3,824 posts

I'm ultimately okay with this firing.  The team needs a fresh offensive philosophy and Bevell's play calling was certainly questionable at times.

- but he certainly would give the Giants a Bevelled Edge!

Bevell would be a strange hiring. A couple years ago, he was posied to be the next big head coaching candidate and now he just got fired after a year where his play calling was pretty bad. With the Giants, he wouldn't call plays, but I dont know how much value he offers performing other duties an OC needs to perform. 

I think Bevell is a piece to keep an eye on, but not as a guy who gets our job, but as a guy who goes to another opening that makes it more clear as to who we hire. 

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Bevell would be a strange hiring. A couple years ago, he was posied to be the next big head coaching candidate and now he just got fired after a year where his play calling was pretty bad. With the Giants, he wouldn't call plays, but I dont know how much value he offers performing other duties an OC needs to perform. 

I think Bevell is a piece to keep an eye on, but not as a guy who gets our job, but as a guy who goes to another opening that makes it more clear as to who we hire. 

Pretty fair point you make there, @minutemancl.

16 hours ago, minutemancl said:

if he does what Reich does for us he'd still have a really big role in the gameplan and breakdown of other teams
So if playcalling was his only weakness it's not terrible 

But his offense was less than impressive in  Seattle

I don't see Duce leaving to the Giants, he's too loyal to go in division.
Defilippo could but he'd probably push for an OC job where he can call plays, he's a HC candidate, he just needs to build his resume more.
I think he'd just stay in Philly over being a lameduck OC...but we'll see

Archived