Titans to hire Dean Pees as DC

-Hope-

7 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

The most unqualified head coach of the last decade hires his former coach. Color me shocked 

So I guess that retirement was just a polite firing

I'd say that was Sean McVay... Obviously he proved he was worth the hire but hiring a 31 year old coach still sounds stupid on paper.

20 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Why? That’s just having a lack of faith in the maturity of your locker room to buy into someone around the same age as them.

I was talking about his resume more than his ability to control the locker room. Outside of three years as the redskins offensive coordinator (he didn't call the plays) he didn't really have a ton of experience at the pro level. 

9 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

I was talking about his resume more than his ability to control the locker room. Outside of three years as the redskins offensive coordinator (he didn't call the plays) he didn't really have a ton of experience at the pro level. 

What? First of all, McVay did call the plays in Washington. Second of all, McVay had 9 years of experience in pro football and 8 years of experience in the NFL. McVay's offenses in Washington performed quite well and arguably overachieved. Vrabel has 4 years of experience in pro football and the NFL as a coach. He has only 1 year of experience as a coordinator, and his defense arguably underachieved. McVay was a far more qualified and experienced coach.

Now, that doesn't mean that Vrabel is a bad hire, but you're not accurately comparing the two if you're claiming that McVay was less qualified.

Archived