Ant-Man and the Wasp (July 2018)

vike daddy

37 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I still want her to be dead. Just to add one hell of a twist from the "shes our only hope" to "we're screwed". Then bring in time traveling to do the impossible. 

I’m not the biggest marvel comic fan (which is why I hate the “you should read the comics if you want a better understanding of the underdeveloped character” excuse some fanboys give.) so how can they travel back in time without the time gem?

I’m a much bigger fan of the X-Men franchise/shows/comics so I know there are mutants that have these abilities, but how would something like this occur in the separate MCU universe?

10 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

I’m calling the post credit scene, either Antman or Wasp disappears and Pym and the survivor help the avengers.

I don't even think is post credit - I think it's how the movie flat out ends. And I would not be surprised if both Ant Man/Wasp vanish, and Pym has to put the suit on one last time...

Removed some IW spoilers...

15 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I’m not the biggest marvel comic fan (which is why I hate the “you should read the comics if you want a better understanding of the underdeveloped character” excuse some fanboys give.) so how can they travel back in time without the time gem?

I’m a much bigger fan of the X-Men franchise/shows/comics so I know there are mutants that have these abilities, but how would something like this occur in the separate MCU universe?

Presumably travelling back in time would be after the Time Stone is recovered.   As a fake out to the CW that she’s a key.  

Probably shouldn’t go more into details here though so as to not spoil anyone.  

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, theJ said:

No posts in over 6 weeks.  This movie is supposed to come out in less than 2 weeks.  Are we all still in recovery mode from the last one?

Personally I just don't really care about Ant Man. Aside from the cameo in Civil War, he hasn't really done anything in the universe. Maybe he'll play a big part in IW2. Who knows.

I'll wait for reviews before deciding to see it in theaters or waiting for a streaming option.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

No posts in over 6 weeks.  This movie is supposed to come out in less than 2 weeks.  Are we all still in recovery mode from the last one?

The kids and I will be there opening weekend.  I've been trying to avoid any new trailers or spots at this point.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

Personally I just don't really care about Ant Man. Aside from the cameo in Civil War, he hasn't really done anything in the universe. Maybe he'll play a big part in IW2. Who knows.

I'll wait for reviews before deciding to see it in theaters or waiting for a streaming option.

I have a feeling his abilities will play a bigger role in IW2, and this movie (along with the first) help explain those abilities.

I agree his impact so far has been limited.  But the first movie was pretty fun, so i'll see this at some point.  Probably just not in theaters.

3 hours ago, theJ said:

wouldnt surprise me if there is a little fatigue. We just got Black Panther in February and then probably the biggest event in cinema history with the culmination of 18 movies. With the next Avengers movie in sight and a ton of questions, people are probably looking past the in between movies, especial for Antman who had a good initial outing but was middle of the pack for MCU standards. He's also not a super popular character at the moment. 

Tracking much higher than the original for opening weekend.  It's not a huge franchise, but expect it to top $220 million domestically (first ended at $185 million) and about $650 million worldwide (first was $519 million).

I don't think it's about superhero fatigue when it comes to Ant-Man; he's just not super popular.  But the movies are made for much less and it's mostly for a genre change.

Early reactions are very good, including a lot of praise for the post credits scene.  Some have said it's the best one ever in the MCU.

18 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

wouldnt surprise me if there is a little fatigue. We just got Black Panther in February and then probably the biggest event in cinema history with the culmination of 18 movies. With the next Avengers movie in sight and a ton of questions, people are probably looking past the in between movies, especial for Antman who had a good initial outing but was middle of the pack for MCU standards. He's also not a super popular character at the moment. 

It makes me wonder if they should maybe take a year or two break after IW2 is released.  Let the dust settle and the excitement build for the next phase.  

I know they're not building it that way, and they'll probably still make good money on Spiderman 2 and GotG3.  But i know i would get more excited about the next phase if i was made to wait for it.

27 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Some have said it's the best one ever in the MCU.

That's said after every single Marvel movie lol I've stopped taking stock in to those comments after how overrated Black Panther was.

2 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

That's said after every single Marvel movie lol I've stopped taking stock in to those comments after how overrated Black Panther was.

Well depends. Is it critics or some fans who got a sneak peek at a first look.

10 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Well depends. Is it critics or some fans who got a sneak peek at a first look.

I'm just saying for me personally. I don't see Ant-Man can topping Infinity War in my rankings.

Archived