Super Bowl

Aztec Hammer

7 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

I'm planning on making wings, and half-heartedly rooting for the Eagles, but having the nagging knowledge in the back of my head that no matter what happens, Brady is going to find a way to win. 

Dunno.

Both teams were 13-3.

PHI did it with Foles closing the season out.

That tells me that they are a pretty good team.

Brady > Foles, for sure, but are the Pats > the Eagles?

I am more excited about the wings and friends than I am the game. If I were routing for one team or the other I am going with New England because I like Bill Belichek and Philadelphia has one of the worst fan bases in all of sports. Honestly might be #2 behind Pittsburgh fans for me. Most arrogant fans have a right to be that way like Pittsburgh, Dallas and New England or the Yankees in baseball or Celtis and Lakers in basketball. Last I checked, though, the Eagles have a pretty uninspiring history.

4 hours ago, mistakey said:

1. why was kraft hanging out with Putin?

2. I knew Putin was a bad bad bad bad man, but this somehow makes him worse. 

3. If Putin owned a team and he was paying a QB like 20 million and he had a 3 pick game, I reckon he would vanish. 

Two of my good coaching buddies are diehard Eagles fans. They're great guys, so I'd love to see them happy.

The first guy is a volunteer coach who paid his own money for a new pair of cleats for a player on our team who needed them. He then donated those cleats anonymously to the kid, who was one of our players in his positional group. Only about 2-3 of us knew about it. He's also volunteered to have a kid on our team live with him/his wife who has had his father/mother (both divorced and remarried) basically say that they don't want him.

The other guy is a social worker here in town and deals with a lot of horrific stuff. He's also a fantastic guy.

I'm rooting for the Eagles just for these two.

Archived