Forge's TCMD - 49ers

Forge

4 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

He's available but I would need a lot for him

Eh... He's only signed for 2018 at 9.4mil, with no long term deal in place in his 30 year old season He's a good player forsure but a potential 1 year rental who's got maybe 3 good years left in him. Just curious mostly I've heard his name as a cap casualty already some this year. 

6 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Eh... He's only signed for 2018 at 9.4mil, with no long term deal in place in his 30 year old season He's a good player forsure but a potential 1 year rental who's got maybe 3 good years left in him. Just curious mostly I've heard his name as a cap casualty already some this year. 

That's fine, I'm not going to trade him for less than he's worth. I'd still like to trade for Arik Armstead, I think a trade based around him and Anthony Zettel would be good for both teams. You guys need someone to play on the edge and I need someone to play on the inside.

How is Zettle different/better than Solomon Thomas? I always thought he was that tweener DE that could do things from 3-5 techniques. I dont know a lot about Zettle to be fair but I imagined a different type of pass rusher as something we needed. 

2 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

How is Zettle different/better than Solomon Thomas? I always thought he was that tweener DE that could do things from 3-5 techniques. I dont know a lot about Zettle to be fair but I imagined a different type of pass rusher as something we needed. 

He's been a DE ever since he got to Detroit. He played the majority of his snaps from 7T and 9T in a 4 point stance. He basically played what your defense calls the "LEO" position. He had 6.5 sacks this year and probably would've had a few more if Ansah hadn't got to the QB first. I'm only going to have one starting spot for that type of DE with the new Patriots-style defense coming to Detroit, and I also get Kerry Hyder back and he had 8 sacks in 2016 before blowing out his achilles in the preseason this year.

Armstead is...contingently gone. The deal has been agreed upon with the other team, but deals can't be announced until the mock starts, and its contingent on me being able to extend the player I'm acquiring, and him moving another player. 

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

Armstead is...contingently gone. The deal has been agreed upon with the other team, but deals can't be announced until the mock starts, and its contingent on me being able to extend the player I'm acquiring, and him moving another player. 

You can't announce it, but what does the player's name rhyme with, and what does the team rhyme with? Is it's Shernard from the Cymbals?

3 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

You can't announce it, but what does the player's name rhyme with, and what does the team rhyme with? Is it's Shernard from the Cymbals?

lol that's a pretty good guess, but incorrect. I shot you a pm. 

On the one hand it is sad to see a talented guy like Armstead leave but i feel its better for both him and the team. Last two years he basically missed due to injury and we really don't have a spot for him in this defense where i feel he can really show what he can be. As a true 3-4 DE i feel he can become a really good player if he can stay healthy.

2 hours ago, Justone2 said:

On the one hand it is sad to see a talented guy like Armstead leave but i feel its better for both him and the team. Last two years he basically missed due to injury and we really don't have a spot for him in this defense where i feel he can really show what he can be. As a true 3-4 DE i feel he can become a really good player if he can stay healthy.

Yeah, it's not like we'd actually miss his play on the field, he's always injured. He's been effectively replaced, I'm okay with getting whatever we can in a trade, even if we don't get the fair compensation for the talent he does have. That's what happens when a new regime arrives with a new system. You just can't fit everyone and you're forced to sell at a loss, at times. If another team swoops in and steals a great player from us, good for them, but Armstead simply won't be a great player with us. I'd be happy for him if he went elsewhere and had a healthy and successful career.

Archived