Is DeMarco Murray a Titan next season?

kris_kapsner

50 mil for a franchise that generally doesn’t pay its own talent or big name free agents is PLENTY! How many RB’s didn’t make it while the handful you named did. REAL NFL players don’t grow on trees. No position 100’s try only a few are NFL caliber and stick. Y’all are crazy to think you’ll find a demarco in rd 5!

How many RB’s have we drafted and missed!?! Too many, we have a known commodity. Of course always try to get better but you can draft a RB and keep Murray.

Y’all are stuck on “potential” I want real NFL players. Only looking for potential Is what got us top of the draft. 

2 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I'm just going to assume you're trolling at this point. Murray is 30 and is not what he once was. If you think he is upper echelon NFL talent you're on crack.

Agreed. I'd rather pay $4-5M for a younger, better fit like Lewis or McKinnon. Even then we'll probably go cheaper. Murray doesn't have it anymore aside from some pass catching ability, a lot of other guys could do more at this point.

He was injured the whole season and was still the best option. I like Henry but demarco is the better option if fully healthy. I get it he’s 30 but he was breaking runs this year CLEARLY injured not able to push the pile. Your on crack thinking we can just draft a superstar in RD 3-5 

2 minutes ago, 98Eddie said:

He was injured the whole season and was still the best option. I like Henry but demarco is the better option if fully healthy. I get it he’s 30 but he was breaking runs this year CLEARLY injured not able to push the pile. Your on crack thinking we can just draft a superstar in RD 3-5 

So why did he suck down the stretch of the 2016 season? He sure wasn’t injured then. We don’t need a superstar in round 3-5. We need a quality back who is a change of pace back and can play on special teams and in the passing game. 

Just now, 98Eddie said:

How many RB’s have we drafted and hit on..... Definitely 2 maybe 3 with Henry. Everyone else didn’t make it

lendale, Chris Henry, ringer, brown, Harper, etc you look up the rest. They aren’t a dime a dozen.

What does that have to do with now? That’s like saying we sucked at drafting receivers so let’s stick with some old washed up receiver because previous regimes couldn’t identify talent at the position. Dumbest logic ever. 

You’ve missed the point completely. Let me make it easy

#1 Why just cut him when we don’t have a true replacement. 

# 2 keep demarco as insurance policy for Henry WHILE searching for a true replacement. So we’re not stuck with nothing if Henry goes down.  

# 3 naming former failed RB showes how hard it is to find them. So if you have 2 pretty good backs you should keep them. 

I could see the benefit to keeping DeMarco as the third down RB for next year. You hope he gets healthy and let him ride into the sunset after next year. He was still serviceable at times this year despite the injuries piling up for him. He does most everything well, especially if he was just a guy we bring in on third downs to catch the ball or block for Marcus.

18 minutes ago, 98Eddie said:

Breaking "run". Singular. He broke one run this year and the blocking downfield was tremendous.

Henry is the lead back. Murray is out. 

7 minutes ago, 98Eddie said:

Your logic got us where we were, throw away known players for “potentially” finding one later. Just keep what you got until a replacement is found. NEXT!!!

No we paid Chris Johnson when we should have gotten rid of him. That's what got us where we were as we haven't had a back since then. Henry has been in the league for two years now and has proven himself beyond "potential". 

I'm starting to think you're Murray's agent because cutting him is the most no brainer move I've ever heard.

26 minutes ago, 98Eddie said:

You’ve missed the point completely. Let me make it easy

#1 Why just cut him when we don’t have a true replacement. 

# 2 keep demarco as insurance policy for Henry WHILE searching for a true replacement. So we’re not stuck with nothing if Henry goes down.  

# 3 naming former failed RB showes how hard it is to find them. So if you have 2 pretty good backs you should keep them. 

1.) We do, it’s Henry.

2.) Or cut Demarco and find a good backup in a deep RB draft

3.) We don’t have two good backs. We have a solid back who needs improvement in the passing game and we have a washed up RB with no burst. I’ll let you decide on who is who.

You wish I was his agent, give your life some relevancy! 

The reason he started to decline towards the end of 2016 was the NFL had figured out our OBVIOUS offense. By your logic let’s cut mariota because he has been trash since the end of 16 The man had 1,200 a year ago... that isn’t easy and not everyone is capable. 

Archived