Who would you draft at 8? Poll

dll2000

You have to draft one of these at 8. Who?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. You have to draft one of these at 8. Draft is today. Who do you take? Rank them.

• Calvin Ridley WR (Virtually every mock has Bears taking him, majority think he is best WR in draft).
    • Quenton Nelson OG (outstanding guard prospect, very low bust potential)
    • Denzel Ward CB (Trendy mock pick, Ohio St. becoming CB U).
    • Tremaine Edmunds LB (Freak athlete for position, only 19 yrs old )

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2018 at 12:28 AM

Just now, G08 said:

I don't think you're this dumb so I'm just going to pretend you're intentionally being dense.

I am not being dense. Of course you cannot win games with a backup QB.

You are making broad league wide generalizations based on 2 teams that happen to be good right now. The Eagles and Patriots do not provide a blue print that you do not need elite interior OLmen.

By the same assertion you could say based on the Eagles and Patriots you must have an elite TE and no body RBs to win.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

How's this for generalizations: you'll find better teams in the NFL that don't have top 8 picks spent on offensive guards. 

I'll let you research that and get back to me.

I have and posted it already and you will find the most playoff teams have invested multiple 1st and 2nd round picks on their OL.

Just now, WindyCity said:

I have and posted it already and you will find the most playoff teams have invested multiple 1st and 2nd round picks on their OL.

That's not what I asked you though.

I said top 8 picks at OG

4 minutes ago, G08 said:

How's this for generalizations: you'll find better teams in the NFL that don't have top 8 picks spent on offensive guards. 

I'll let you research that and get back to me.

The argument is not that OG is more important than OLB/DE, it is that no OLB or DE in this draft, outside of Chubb, is even close to Nelson's level.

I would take Chubb over Nelson very single day, but after that you are taking a markedly worse player because of the position he plays.

Just now, WindyCity said:

The argument is not that OG is more important than OLB/DE, it is that no OLB or DE in this draft, outside of Chubb, is even close to Nelson's level.

I would take Chubb over Nelson very single day, but after that you are taking a markedly worse player because of the position he plays.

No, the argument is that you don't spend top 8 picks on offensive guards.

Just now, G08 said:

We currently have 1st and 2nd round picks on our OL Windy...

One of which hasn't played a full season in 2 years. I think that is a critical piece. I know everyone here loves the idea of a OLB but I would rather have a player who is going to be really good than take a chance on a player that ends up being a bust. 

Just now, G08 said:

Focus, Windy.

How many successful NFL teams have top 8 picks used on offensive guard?

A better question is how often are guards this good worth this selection? How high would Logan Mankins have been drafted if we knew how good he was going to be?

1 minute ago, G08 said:

Focus, Windy.

How many successful NFL teams have top 8 picks used on offensive guard?

It has not happened.

Although the Cardinals have been successful under Arians and spent a top 8 pick on Jonathan Cooper.

How many successful teams reach on pass rushers and enjoy the experience?

Archived