Who would you draft at 8? Poll

dll2000

You have to draft one of these at 8. Who?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. You have to draft one of these at 8. Draft is today. Who do you take? Rank them.

• Calvin Ridley WR (Virtually every mock has Bears taking him, majority think he is best WR in draft).
    • Quenton Nelson OG (outstanding guard prospect, very low bust potential)
    • Denzel Ward CB (Trendy mock pick, Ohio St. becoming CB U).
    • Tremaine Edmunds LB (Freak athlete for position, only 19 yrs old )

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2018 at 12:28 AM

4 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

No thats not the OL depth chart at all right now.  Its actually

Leno Sowell

Kush Morgan

Whitehair. Grasu

Long Morgan

Massie Sowell

Sowell was forced to play guard last year but hes actually our Swing.  Kush started the year at LG last year whlie Long missed training camp until he got hurt.  From what I hear the Bears really like him and i believe it based on what i see on tape.

Not sure that's any better, but you are correct I just got used to seeing Sowell inside.

Do we know anything about Morgan? 

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

Not sure that's any better, but you are correct I just got used to seeing Sowell inside.

Do we know anything about Morgan? 

Not much, we know hes long, athletic, powerful, and as raw as a farm fresh egg.  We also know that in a class where if not for what they saints did, would be lauded as the best overall last year, hes the only one who didnt get an opportunity.  With his natural talent and Hiestand coaching him up, he COULD become a conerstone piece on the line, but we just dont know what he is yet.

25 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Outside the 3 elite players [Nelson, Chubb and Fitz] I think the best value may be a CB like Josh Jackson.

He does not have the scheme ? that a guy like Edmunds might and he is a better value than a guy like Davenport. Huge turnover numbers do not hurt.

I'd love for Ed Donatell to work with this kid. 

Just now, G08 said:

I'd love for Ed Donatell to work with this kid. 

I just think by the time the draft rolls around the top CBs will have the fewest question marks.

Jackson

-Size 

-Production

-Positional Value

-Speed is the only ? mark and that will be solved next week.

If he runs sub 4.5 he will literally have 0 serious concerns.

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I just think by the time the draft rolls around the top CBs will have the fewest question marks.

Jackson

-Size 

-Production

-Positional Value

-Speed is the only ? mark and that will be solved next week.

If he runs sub 4.5 he will literally have 0 serious concerns.

We all know how much i ? josh jackson.  And I 100% agree he runs a 4.4 next week he goes top 10 and deservedly so.  He brings something rhis defense lacks and thats the knack for getting his hands on the football.  If you are going to give Fuller a long term deal, you need a guy like Jackson on the other side to be somebody who offenses have to not just respect, but fear throwing the ball his way.  

5 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

We all know how much i ? josh jackson.  And I 100% agree he runs a 4.4 next week he goes top 10 and deservedly so.  He brings something rhis defense lacks and thats the knack for getting his hands on the football.  If you are going to give Fuller a long term deal, you need a guy like Jackson on the other side to be somebody who offenses have to not just respect, but fear throwing the ball his way.  

He needs to show the COD skills too to go that high IMO. Much of the league is quicker twitch guys at WR. A CB drafted that high has to have the ability to stick with that. Any questions about him are athletic ones though. Size and hands he has for sure. 

7 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

He needs to show the COD skills too to go that high IMO. Much of the league is quicker twitch guys at WR. A CB drafted that high has to have the ability to stick with that. Any questions about him are athletic ones though. Size and hands he has for sure. 

There doesnt seem to be much question about his cod which is actually where my questions are (not so much athleticism but more how smooth is hip flip), but everybody seems to think hes not fast bc he went to Iowa and they play vanilla zone. Smh

Count me on the JJ bandwagaon. I've slowly started to move off of Nelson because it's so hard to justify a guard that high. Turnovers can change games and JJ has a unique talent to ge them.

I have heard Quentin could play RT which would probably be the main reason I draft him.

2 hours ago, Nads786 said:

Count me on the JJ bandwagaon. I've slowly started to move off of Nelson because it's so hard to justify a guard that high. Turnovers can change games and JJ has a unique talent to ge them.

I have heard Quentin could play RT which would probably be the main reason I draft him.

With Sitton gone I would try him there and Massie at OG. I think Massie would be a pretty good OG and I still think Nelson shows that he is a better athlete than most tackle prospects in the Combine. 

7 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

With Sitton gone I would try him there and Massie at OG. I think Massie would be a pretty good OG and I still think Nelson shows that he is a better athlete than most tackle prospects in the Combine. 

Massie has never played OG.

We need to stop playing musical positions on the OL.

Archived