Camp Holdouts

bucsfan333

7 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Titans seem to be the absolute worst at getting their first round picks signed early. Don't know why they get hung up on offset language so much. 

Not that I'm taking pride in this but I think the chargers are by far the worst in that regard. Titans could be #2.

I'm not necessarily sure why certain teams have so much trouble with this in general if I happens once in a while you can blame the player for his demands but when it's year after year you gotta look at that organization. I thought when the rookie scale came in it was over but teams like to put in a bunch of random "offset language".

I guess going back to you're Titans didn't they add something about surfing or something ridiculous in Mariota's deal?

15 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Teams like Philly, Baltimore, Green Bay or Detroit could use a player like him on their rooster

Why do those teams have a rooster and why do they need Devonta Freeman to be on their rooster?

20 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Packers fortunately don't have any holdouts to report...they usually don't.

Not since Walker and McKenzie.  At least not that I remember.  Wasn't J-Mike a bit of a headache, as TEs were not paid well at all just a few years ago? I think a couple of rookies were late signees too because of the way their schools run.

18 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Packers have made it pretty clear that they take care of their guys, and they're pretty straight-forward with their future.  The only time I remember an "issue" arising was the whole Josh Sitton situation last year.

I remember the Javon Walker and Mike McKenzie holdouts. That was over 10 years ago though. 

3 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Not since Walker and McKenzie.  At least not that I remember.  Wasn't J-Mike a bit of a headache, as TEs were not paid well at all just a few years ago? I think a couple of rookies were late signees too because of the way their schools run.

Speak of the devil. 

21 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Same here. I don't think its necessary though.

If Atlanta let's him walk, he'll be signed FAST. Teams like Philly, Baltimore, Green Bay or Detroit could use a player like him on their rooster. They have nothing even close to his level of play.

And that's saying something because I think Kevin Coleman can and will be the better of the 2 headed RB beast that Atlanta currently has.

Don't think the Packers would be in on Freeman.  He's going to want to get paid, and the Packers still like Ty Montgomery a LOT.  And they drafted 3 RBs in last year's draft.  Things would have to go terribly poorly for them to sign Freeman as a FA IMO.

On 7/30/2017 at 9:52 AM, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Why did they blur out Bart Simpson on his shirt?

If you don't own the copyright and don't have permission, you cannot use someone else's intellectual property. Given that this is for a commercial purpose, most likely Fox would expect to get some sort of license fee for the image. As such, it's simpler and cheaper to just blur it out. Everyone knows what it is (so Fox isn't too upset), but they don't have to pay anything for its usage.

Note: I am not a lawyer. Take this with the grain of salt it should come with.

Archived