Alex Smith to be traded to Washington for 3rd round pick and CB Kendall Fuller; agrees to extension

Apparition

3 minutes ago, Malik said:

It's interesting that they preferred this route over drafting another young QB. They must feel they are closer to the competition in the NFC than outsiders do

I wonder how much of that is the belief that they are out of position to get one of the top 4 guys in this draft. Rosen / Darnold / Mayfield and Allen all seem poised to go top 10. Maybe they didn't want to give up the equity that would be required to grab a quarterback in this draft - those prices escalate quickly when it's for a quarterback. 

3 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

My guesses are Breeland or Crowder

Breeland is a free agent, but humorously, that was my first thought as well until I looked it up. I can't imagine it's someone all that great. Washington is deep on the offensive line I thought, maybe someone there...otherwise I would likely think that it's a defensive player. 

3 minutes ago, FireVanceJoseph said:

Both are sticking with their QB. 

Jags may not have a choice depending that Bortles injury. Would be really unfortunate if that is the case and they had to miss out on Cousins, who is a very clear upgrade. They'd have to pull a Texans / Browns / Osweiler type trade to get out from under it. 

38 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Either Denver, Buffalo or Cleveland IMO.

OH my GOD, I get so sick of these professional athletes insisting they not only must be paid millions, but that they get to move to these glamorous cities, as well!

Buffalo

Image result for Buffalo on Lake Erie dirty shoreline

Cleveland:

Image result for Cleveland dirty beach on Lake Erie

To paraphrase that other wealthy, peripatetic ingrate, LeBron James: "Ah'm takin' mah game tah tha shores-a Lake Erie!!"

Edited by bzane
  • Like 1