Alex Smith to be traded to Washington for 3rd round pick and CB Kendall Fuller; agrees to extension

Apparition

Just now, O'Doyle Rules said:

I wouldnt make him the highest. He's good but not enough to take up that much cap, and be able to carry a team that's going to let a few players leave to sign him.

Yeah but no other QB of his caliber has hit the open market while being so young... this is the crucial bit. The six organizations will make a bidding war. Don't be surprised if he's the highest paid QB going into next season.

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

Here's what worries me if I'm a Washington fan about that - it means that the extension was done prior to the trade being worked out, which means that the trade itself was *not* for a rental with one year left on the deal, which also means that there's a good chance that the price increased to acquire him. 

16 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Kirk Cousins is a boss for how he handled this whole situation year after year. Can't do nothing but respect it. Now he's about to get paiddd.

Smith is a good QB so I guess it's a decent get by Washington. But they screwed the pooch big time

If you think Cousins is a boss for the way he handled this situation, then you're getting an even bigger boss in Alex Smith. That guy has taken so much crap and been thrown under the bus and been a constant scapegoat. He's not the best QB in the league, of course, but he's the ultimate pro and his teammates will love him. I've always wished him the best, and I hope he'll continue playing well in Washington.

• Like 3

Just now, rudyZ said:

If you think Cousins is a boss for the way he handled this situation, then you're getting an even bigger boss in Alex Smith. That guy has taken so much crap and been thrown under the bus and been a constant scapegoat. He's not the best QB in the league, of course, but he's the ultimate pro and his teammates will love him. I've always wished him the best, and I hope he'll continue playing well in Washington.

Alex Smith and Boss dont belong in the same sentence

The drop off between Cousins and Alex Smith isn't that large honestly. It's the age thing that matters. Alex will be 34 heading into next season and he's not exactly going to jump WAS into a definitive playoff team. I imagine WAS is going to make a lot of moves in the off season now that they'll have presumably have more money to spin and not have to worry about their QB situation anymore.