BREAKING:REDSKINS TRADE FOR ALEX SMITH

mar29020

My thought process from 1-4 on this:

1) When has Ian Rappaport EVER been right about anything regarding the Redskins?

2) Forget #1. This is exactly the quintessential Redskins under Snyder and Allen.

3) I wonder what we gave up.

4) I wonder what this does to our forum this offseason and will it make it easier or harder to moderate?

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

My thought process from 1-3 on this:

1) When has Ian Rappaport EVER been right about anything regarding the Redskins?

2) Forget #1. This is exactly the quintessential Redskins under Snyder and Allen.

4) I wonder what this does to our forum this offseason and will it make it easier or harder to moderate?

You're gonna have to ban me.

4 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Now this means they will draft a QB. Alex Smith is on the last year of his deal and there is probably no chance they resign a 34 year old QB. What a world.

Here's the joke of it.  We only traded this to save Bruce Allen and Jay Gruden's jobs.  If we draft a QB he should start.  Why trade for this aging noodle arm QB?  

I mean, as a non-redskin fan observer, I think you guys did well to at least not lose out too much in the short term. I don't think that your chances increase / decrease considerably for this upcoming year between Cousins and Smith. Smith was also the best quarterback that you could have gotten by far,  especially given that you were going to be unlikely to be in a position to get one of the big 4, so if you guys were still looking to contend this upcoming season, you did well in that regard. That being said,  it also depends quite a bit on what you gave up. obviously I'm shocked that they aren't going to at least try a tag and trade wtih Cousins rather than lose him for nothing as well...the Cousins situation has been bumbled quite a bit from the start, but like I said, at least from the off you aren't going to lose a whole ton with regards to your competitive and playoff chances. 

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

My thought process from 1-3 on this:

It wasn’t broken by Rappaport.

It was broken by the reporter who wrote the article that I posted.

I agree with #2, it’s a horrible idea and you’re #3 scares the crap out of me.

4. I don’t think it matters. It’s going to be rough offseason to moderate no matter what. Most of the forum would probably still rather have Kirk on a long term deal than Alex Smith on a contract that only pays him for one more year and considering it’s reported we gave up a player and picks I don’t see it being a trade I will like.

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

******Moderator's note: Mods don't actually ban. Only Webby does that. We do have input but its ultimately his call.

You have no idea how disappointed I was in this fact when I became a mod. I had an entire list ready to go :P

Archived