BREAKING:REDSKINS TRADE FOR ALEX SMITH

mar29020

First reaction- how could anyone not see that the redskins were going to let Kirk walk? 

I predicted this in October. 

Good or bad? it depends what we paid. Smith is a starting qb who needs a strong running game. 

cant wait to hear what colt has to say

I live in the VA area. And I am trying to figure out what the hell is actually happening up there. I'm sorry a 4 year extension for Smith? I just don't know who looks at 34 year old Alex Smith and says "I am giving up a player and picks for that guy. And I need him for at LEAST 5 years." How does Washington not just give Cousins what he wants? How do you let that kid go?

Just now, navysaintsfan said:

I live in the VA area. And I am trying to figure out what the hell is actually happening up there. I'm sorry a 4 year extension for Smith? I just don't know who looks at 34 year old Alex Smith and says "I am giving up a player and picks for that guy. And I need him for at LEAST 5 years." How does Washington not just give Cousins what he wants? How do you let that kid go?

You asked...

Answer:

BRUCE

ALLEN

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

I WANT EVERY SINGLE PERSON THAT EVER COMPLAINED ABOUT KIRK COUSINS AS A QB TO NOW REALIZE WE HAVE A LOSER NOODLE ARM AGING OVERPAID CRAP QB THAT WILL NEVER DO ANYTHING FOR THIS FRANCHISE EVER

While I’m tempted to agree with your post, let’s wait to see the details first and realize that while Smith doesn’t have as strong an arm as Cousins does, he doesn’t have a noodle arm like Colt Mccoy.

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'm seriously going to Redskins Park with torches and pitchforks if its a 2nd rounder

Wow! So not only is this the Mark Brunell trade over, but we’re giving up a 2nd rounder and reportedly a player too so this isn’t becoming the McNabb trade! Ugh 

I need to see what we gave up and what extension we signed him too in order to be mad or not. I knew all along Kirk didn’t want to be a Redskin. Can I blame him? No but he wasn’t worth mega bucks. He’s a stat padder nothing more. Hopefully we continue to build defense and the trenches  then worry about a QB. Alex is somebody we can contend with for now and build for the next QB who gets drafted. But if we signed this guy to a big deal I’m probably going to really consider not having a favorite NFL team. 

Archived