BREAKING:REDSKINS TRADE FOR ALEX SMITH

mar29020

On 12/21/2018 at 10:53 AM, MKnight82 said:

Optimism is fine, I'm cool with optimism.  But the reason you got a big blow back in the offseason is because you were accusing people who didn't support the Alex Smith trade as "not being true fans", which was just rude and uninformed.  Alex Smith would have been a good acquisition for a team that was one player away from being a championship caliber team, that was not the Redskins.  Why myself and many other fans were so upset was that Alex Smith was acquired for two reasons: 1. To cover up the fact that they were letting Kirk Cousins walk for nothing (I'm not getting into a debate on whether Cousins should have been retained here, but not receiving anything in return for a starting QB is idiotic), and 2. to make them compete for the playoffs in a make or break year for the current regime.  

That's it, the only reason the team traded for Smith was to cover their own butts.  This team never had a chance at a Super Bowl, they simply aren't talented enough.  The ceiling of this team was always 9-10 wins and a guaranteed loss in the first round of the playoffs.  Our timetable never fit with a 34 year old veteran QB on an expensive contract.  The trade was always a bad fit and should never had happened.  Those responsible should be fired.

This has been the story of the Redskins since Gibbs 2.0 I feel.  You could replace the names in here for all of our past narratives.  

13 hours ago, lavar703 said:

That’s fine and I’m one of Thompson’s biggest supporters but there’s no excuse for the performances they put on. Going from 6-3 to 7-9 is pathetic. If you’re down 40-0 to a terrible giants team then obviously there’s more than just missing Alex that’s going wrong. 

So you believed in Mark Sanchez?

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Huh? 

Ummm basically CT is saying that when they lost their starting QB and team leader everything changed. Then they lost their back up and we had to rely on Sanchez and then Josh Johnson. Sanchez started the Giants game where they started off horribly. If you expected them to play well that week, you had to have some belief in Mark Sanchez.

Archived