BREAKING:REDSKINS TRADE FOR ALEX SMITH

mar29020

25 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Do you ever see Alex Smith doing it with the Redskins?

I'm glad you're so excited for Alex Smith. Sure is going to be a lot of crow being eaten when no better than 8-8 again.

I'm not excited at all.

Smith a game manager . 

I rather have drafted a qb instead.

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Then you're FO will confirm there ineptitude!

Uhh, this trade was just the cherry on top of the ineptitude sundae this front office has been making for over two years. Moron has no clue how to run a NFL franchise effectively. He turned a Super Bowl winner into a mediocre-to-poor team in four years and took the Redskins from up-and-coming back to the cellar.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

@Dashing202 You'll be screaming for us to replace Alex Smith by Week 3.

I didn't want smith but the negativity is like we are all females here  . 

Just wait and see dude . If smith sucks okay but I'm not about to go 11 months complaining about this man.

it is what it is he's our qb and I'm accepting it . 

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Kirk is overrated but Smith is taking us places? Deck chairs on the titanic. That's all this is.

Once again.

Stop looking at this as a Cousins>>>Smith and more towards a 

Smith>>>>2nd/3rd/4th best Rookie QB (fill in blanks) with the #13Pick?

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Once again.

Except the equation is:

Smith < 2018 3rd round + Kendall Fuller + 2nd/3rd/4th best rookie QB

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

In 2018 maybe.  But we aren't a Superbowl contender this year with whoever our QB is.  A rookie draft pick at QB could easily overtake a 35+ year old Alex Smith in year 2 or 3.  Heck a Rookie QB draft pick just DID overtake Alex Smith on the Chiefs depth chart.  

Where Smith will drive Redskins fans bananas is on third and fourth down, as he doesn’t always get the ball past the first-down marker on those pass attempts. Dating back to 2015, just 41 percent of his passes on third or fourth down traveled at least one yard past the first-down marker, the lowest rate among passers with at least 300 attempts over the past three years.

Source:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2018/01/31/alex-smith-trade-gives-the-redskins-a-quarterback-an-awful-lot-like-kirk-cousins/?utm_term=.bf7f380a6514

well this confirms smiths not gonna really get those big third downs in longs 

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

In 2018 maybe.  But we aren't a Superbowl contender this year with whoever our QB is.  A rookie draft pick at QB could easily overtake a 35+ year old Alex Smith in year 2 or 3.  Heck a Rookie QB draft pick just DID overtake Alex Smith on the Chiefs depth chart.  

That's true . 

1 minute ago, Woz said:
7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Then you're FO will confirm there ineptitude!

Uhh, this trade was just the cherry on top of the ineptitude sundae this front office has been making for over two years. Moron has no clue how to run a NFL franchise effectively. He turned a Super Bowl winner into a mediocre-to-poor team in four years and took the Redskins from up-and-coming back to the cellar.

While I 100% agree with everything you wrote the FO screwed the Pooch, Cousins was Never signing long term, never! Despite some of your hopes and His Professionalism So choices were.

1. One more lame duck year at 28-32m and the same mediocrity.

2. Draft the 3rd best Rookie QB in the teens. Start a complete rebuild.

3. Sign a QB whose done Nothing but win in the NFL and might be one of the most underappreciated QB in NFL history.

I'm sorry but after the shock of this wears off, option 3 isn't as bad as you guys are making it out to be UNLESS you are telling me a Complete Rebuild was necessary and it's NOT an injury riddled Redskin Team with Talent?

17 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

??dude you send me a pic  that Kirk number 8 in front of Bree's and the fact ELI Manning number 3.

Like so you truly believe he's better than them ? lol I mean he's better than eli . 

Dashing, I send you the pic because its the truth. Its supports my argument. 

From NFL, ESPN, and Fox Sports. All the stats you need. He is ranked 7th. 

1517431322-U13096.png

1517431443-U13096.png

1517431556-U13096.png

11 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Did he though? Or is Andy trying to Justify his draft pick and the absurd compensation he paid for it? This is Reid's desperate attempt to save his job. No way could he go into 2018 Not starting Mahomes! This has SF 2.0 written all over it.

New flashy toy with "Upside"!!!  Going to be funny when PM struggles to do anything close to what Smith did in 2017. 

Here's the thing, I respect Alex Smith. He's a gamer and he's a good QB. It's not about disliking Smith. If this were a second round pick for Smith I could accept that but the Fuller thing tilts this so far in one direction that it's just hard to feel positive about this. You can't simultaneously build a roster while stripping away proven assets from the weakest part of your team. Fuller was a building block and the moment the Chiefs requested him is the moment most sane organizations would've hung up the phone but you're not dealing with a sane organization. There is a clear reason why the Chiefs requested Fuller and that's because they know how desperate and dumb our front office is. We were taken behind the woodshed on this one.

So people can stop with the "you have to give up assets to get a QB' crap. Smith was traded for second round picks, Garappolo was had for a second round pick etc. and there was simply no need for the Redskins to feel like they're so close to competing that they could make a silly deal that involves a young stud DB. You make your offer of a second and say a third the following year and the moment they ask for Fuller you hang up the phone. You don't entertain the idea let alone accept the terms. What I think actually ends up happening is Mahomes sucks, Smith sucks with the Redskins and the Chiefs use the third rounder on a middling player. Fuller however, ends up being an All-Pro.

Archived