BREAKING:REDSKINS TRADE FOR ALEX SMITH

mar29020

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

No.  Because then Bruce Allen wins, and Dan Snyder needs to know how unhappy the fanbase is with the direction of the franchise.  

Fabian Moreau doesn't play slot CB, so he isn't going to be able to replace Fuller.  

And this is the reason I needed a break. 

I don’t need to stay unhappy all the time just because you want met to Mknight  NEWSFLASH! Dan Snyder & Bruce Allen aren’t reading the message board! So why should I act like they’re really going to care what any of us, or most Redskins fans think about this trade.

We know the facts, the screwed the Cousins LTD up in 2016, many of us thought we should sin him long term then others thought the franchise tag was the way to go because you weren’t sold on Kirk yet.

Well, who was right about that?

I’m just done arguing about the qb for the time being. It’s literally been a decade of this crap for me from JC all the way through now Alex Smith.

I’m beyond tired. The Redskins made the best of a poor situation of their own doing by not signing Kirk to a LTD after the 2015 season. 

Alex Smith is here, I’m ready to move on and go forward and talk how we are going to build around our new Qb. The Kirk Cousins debacle is over.

I’m hopeful that Smith remains comparable to what Kirk gave us over his time here and we continue to build a good to great defense and find a starting running back this offseason to.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

And this is the reason I needed a break. 

I don’t need to stay unhappy all the time just because you want met to Mknight  NEWSFLASH! Dan Snyder & Bruce Allen aren’t reading the message board! So why should I act like they’re really going to care what any of us, or most Redskins fans think about this trade.

We know the facts, the screwed the Cousins LTD up in 2016, many of us thought we should sin him long term then others thought the franchise tag was the way to go because you weren’t sold on Kirk yet.

Well, who was right about that?

I’m just done arguing about the qb for the time being. It’s literally been a decade of this crap for me from JC all the way through now Alex Smith.

I’m beyond tired. The Redskins made the best of a poor situation of their own doing by not signing Kirk to a LTD after the 2015 season. 

Alex Smith is here, I’m ready to move on and go forward and talk how we are going to build around our new Qb. The Kirk Cousins debacle is over.

I’m hopeful that Smith remains comparable to what Kirk gave us over his time here and we continue to build a good to great defense and find a starting running back this offseason to.

That's fine.  But you can't expect the rest of us to fall in line.  I for one am pretty pissed off.  I'm not going to pretend this is good for the franchise.

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Woz let's be real you wouldn't have complained because Brees is a Future HOF. So renting him for a year or two has a Farve like feel. I get that. 

It would have been a substantial upgrade at the position with the understanding that he's a decade older and it would likely be only a short term deal. That would be my quibbles about it. However, I wouldn't have complained too loudly because as you said, the Redskins would be getting a future Hall of Famer for a year or two.

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You're going to get a Comp 3rd back for Cousins negating the 3rd you just traded.

Three problems:

1. The Redskins might get a 2019 3rd round compensatory pick back for Cousins. While they'll likely end up with some compensatory pick for losing Cousins, it isn't a guarantee they'll get a third. They have needs and will have to sign free agents because they gave up a third round pick that could have been used to fill some of those needs.
  2. The pick is a year later, which means they'll have to either accept more holes than they normally would or dilute the compensatory pick.
  3. The pick is going to be a worse position. At best, with Alex Smith at the helm, the compensatory pick will be half a round later than where their natural pick would be.
6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

So the only question is is a #2 CB worth Not having a Viable NFL Starting QB? You know the draft is a Crap Shoot. For every Wentz there's a Geno. For every Cousins there's 100's of Kapernicks. Unicorns like Wilson and Brady are pipedreams to hope for.

Of all of the quarterbacks you mentioned, only Wentz was a first round pick. Granted, there are open questions about Mayfield and Allen, but they were options for the Redskins at 13. Even if they weren't available or bombed out in the Combine/Pro Day lead up to the draft, it would be better to keep your young cheap talent and picks that allow you to build the franchise for the long term.

Would Colt McCoy lead this team to the playoffs? Almost assuredly not. Will Alex Smith? Eh, I'm not really buying it but maybe he squeaks the Redskins into a wildcard spot ... and then promptly lose because the talent isn't there for a deep push.

Is it better for the long term health of the franchise to accept a down year with Colt McCoy and then build for the future then accept a quarterback who is the second oldest in the division (and likely will be the oldest next year when the Giants cut Eli)? I get why you might like the Redskins having followed this path, but as a fan of the franchise, it's infuriating because it's a "short term, win now" decision that won't win now.

12 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

This gives you a legit chance to retool, get Healthy, and compete immediately. 

Since I don't buy that the QB position talent has stayed equal and that they've given up two young players (one prospect and one our likely starting corner), I don't see how they retool and compete immediately. They are going to downshift for a couple of years to make up for this debacle.

3 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Smith thinks smith is an upgrade ?

Stephen A smith lol

Stephen A Smith is paid to say outrageous things to get eyeballs on ESPN's home page.

Just now, turtle28 said:

That's incredibly generous of you, turtle.

I would have written it as:

The Redskins crapped the bed and are now wallowing in the filth of their own making by not signing Kirk to a LTD after the 2015 season.

I'm sure you know who Tk is in ES 

1 hour ago,  TK said: 

I'm getting a little bit more info now.

Denver offered KC 2nd & Talib

Browns had a ****load of picks to offer.

Skins offered up Fuller-he's younger & cheaper then Talib & KC still gets a starting CB.

What this implies is that boh Denver & Cleveland had Smith ranked higher then Cousins.

-----

supposedly that was the trade offers .

I'm just going to sit back and watch all the extreme over-reactions to having a new QB in Washington.

Regardless of what any of us want, Regardless of what your fears are, this is how things are going to be. You don't have to like it. You don't have to agree with it. You in fact can resent the decision so much that you give up your fanhood, but I will tell you this: This is not the worst off this franchise has been. And this absolutely is not the worst case scenario of what could be happening.

Do you have a right to be upset? Of course. You invest your time, money, emotions and energy in rooting for the success of this franchise. Have you not felt this exact same feeling before? Maybe when we traded an All-Pro CB in Champ Bailey and a 2nd Round pick for Clinton Portis. Maybe when the Redskins sunk 100 million into Albert Haynesworth. Maybe when we traded 3 First Round Picks for a 1 Year QB that is already out of the league. There is a lot of negative that can happen, but at the same time there also could be positive. We will not know until we see what happens this upcoming season. 

But for all of the people that decide that THIS trade, this one trade is worth your fanhood, I feel sorry for you. In life there will always be things that don't go your way, but most of them aren't worth giving up for. Good luck to all that decide to move on from this. I will be wearing my Sean Taylor #21 Jersey every Sunday and wearing my Burgandy and Gold heart on my sleeve as I cheer on this franchise week in and week out. For those of us that remain after, its good to have you here. HTTR!

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

That's fine.  But you can't expect the rest of us to fall in line.  I for one am pretty pissed off.  I'm not going to pretend this is good for the franchise.

I get it. I couldn’t even fall asleep last night until 4 am becsuse I had so many mixed emotions about everything that happened last night.

I generally am pretty good at going through several hours of being upset/disappointed and then I’m read to move on. I understand everyone is different, but for some reason I’ve always been able to do that with just about everything.

I guess it’s my optimistic nature. I have no clue. I’m already gotten all of the pissed off reactions and the disappointment in losing Kirk and Kendall out of my system from last night.

Now I’m actually looking forward to how we will be under Smith and back to what we’ll do at RB, LG, WR, NT in the offseason and also focusing on re-signing Zach Brown.

To me, the Kirk era is sadly over and I think it’s a mistake long term that it is, but that isn’t going to change the fact that it is still over and we still do have a good qb in house and about $10 more million in cap space to go out and sign a WR and a DL to help the team get better.

I’m looking forward to free agency and the draft now. Now that we have Alex Smith I’m actually hoping that we sign Albert Wilson to be our speed wr opposite Doctson, becsuse Wilson and Smith alreddy have chemistry.

15 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He’ll throw for around or just over 4,000 yards, 25 or more TDs and have less than 10 ints.

In twelve years, Smith has done this one: this past year.

No way he replicates it.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

In twelve years, Smith has done this one: this past year.

No way he replicates it.

Oh here we go! You do realize that Smith has never attempted as many passes as Kirk has in a season right? 

And that’s part of the reason he’s only gone over 4,000 yards once.

There’s also this, I looked up the volume of passes for Kirk (1689) to Alex the last 3 years (1464) so obviously that also contributes to Kirk having more yards & TDs.

Archived