BREAKING:REDSKINS TRADE FOR ALEX SMITH

mar29020

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

How would a New Teams Franchise Tag work? Is it counted consecutively along with Washington's? Or would it start New with a different Franchise?

Assuming the Drew Brees precedent holds, it would carry over to his new team. So, either they wouldn't be able to (assuming Washington tags and trades him) or they would have him on a 3rd franchise tag deal.

6 minutes ago, Woz said:

In twelve years, Smith has done this one: this past year.

No way he replicates it.

That's because smith has lower throwing attempts than Kirk .

we shall see week 1 maybe Gruden finally commits to the run. If not I expect smith to throw the most he's ever have with us .

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Oh here we go! 

Okay, let me rephrase that then:

The likelihood that Smith replicates his single best career season in a brand new offense with new players in a new town is incredibly unlikely. A safer bet would be to expect an average of his 2013-2015 Kansas City numbers: 63-64%, ~3500 yards, ~21 TD, ~7 INTs

Just now, Woz said:

Okay, let me rephrase that then:

The likelihood that Smith replicates his single best career season in a brand new offense with new players in a new town is incredibly unlikely. A safer bet would be to expect an average of his 2013-2015 Kansas City numbers: 63-64%, ~3500 yards, ~21 TD, ~7 INTs

That is Jason Campbell levels of mediocre.  

9 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

This is not the worst off this franchise has been. And this absolutely is not the worst case scenario of what could be happening.

While true, that's scary since that means they can fall even farther than where they are right now ... given the track record of the people "running" the show, that's probably the safer bet.

This guy on the fan said 

john leesburg: 

" I'm glad to see Kirk go, you talk about his stats the past two years but that didn't give you playoff wins. He was an dink and dunk guy that the end of the game it was two touchdowns and he wasn't gonna try to win the game he would throw a 6 yard pass and hope for the best .

(106.7 )- that's not true he won 9 game winning touchdowns .

" he was and I personally know some of the skins receivers and they'll all come out and be glad he's gone . He would throw on his long foot and lead them into coverage and that he wasn't really trying win games and now by the end of the year even the coach didn't give him a lot of praise ."

i only quoted that for the WR remark . He could be lying .

starts at 3:08 rather you guys listen than read my bad grammar .

55 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Well Cousins is 29, while Smith is 34.  So Smith is going to decline much sooner. I saw your comment about QBs into their 40s, but most are done by like 37-38.  

Also this move was only to save the job of Bruce Allen, who is the main problem with the franchise.  We will limp by for a few more years and Allen weasels a way to keep his job for a little longer.  

And then, the new stadium will come around, and that will save him again. I cannot stand his weaseling and Snyder's inability to actually hold him accountable. Its time for him to go. Schaefer can get a stadium done. 

10 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Do you have a right to be upset? Of course. You invest your time, money, emotions and energy in rooting for the success of this franchise. Have you not felt this exact same feeling before? Maybe when we traded an All-Pro CB in Champ Bailey and a 2nd Round pick for Clinton Portis. Maybe when the Redskins sunk 100 million into Albert Haynesworth. Maybe when we traded 3 First Round Picks for a 1 Year QB that is already out of the league. There is a lot of negative that can happen, but at the same time there also could be positive. We will not know until we see what happens this upcoming season. 

The sad part is those examples didn't stop from making the same mistake, with likely the same result.

11 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

But for all of the people that decide that THIS trade, this one trade is worth your fanhood, I feel sorry for you. In life there will always be things that don't go your way, but most of them aren't worth giving up for. Good luck to all that decide to move on from this. I will be wearing my Sean Taylor #21 Jersey every Sunday and wearing my Burgandy and Gold heart on my sleeve as I cheer on this franchise week in and week out. For those of us that remain after, its good to have you here. HTTR!

Earlier in the thread I mentioned that I considered hanging up my spurs even prior to this trade. It's deflating being a fan of this team. There's little to nothing to say "hey, there's light over there at the end of the tunnel and we're moving towards it." I'm not a fan of the Wizards because I know a loser when I see one; I'm not going to waste my time rooting for a team that likely will never compete for a NBA championship. Sure they'll make the playoffs here and there, but it won't matter because they are who they are.

If it wasn't for the fact that my fandom is rooted in the Hogs, Theismann, Williams, Rypien, the Capitol Defense, etc. I would have left long ago because under Snyder they are losers. I hate having to stick up for a franchise that makes me grind my teeth with their stupidity.

Will I switch my allegiances? No. Will I get my son and daughter to follow in my footsteps? No. And it's this last part that is killing the franchise slowly. Those of us who remember the glory years are hanging on, but there is no new young blood to keep the joy going. Like @Thaiphoon says in his sig, the Redskins will not win a Super Bowl while Snyder owns the team. I'm not sure they'll ever make it to a conference championship under his ownership.

2 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

He was an dink and dunk guy that the end of the game it was two touchdowns and he wasn't gonna try to win the game he would throw a 6 yard pass and hope for the best

This is exactly the kind of QB Alex Smith is too.

7 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

That's because smith has lower throwing attempts than Kirk .

we shall see week 1 maybe Gruden finally commits to the run. If not I expect smith to throw the most he's ever have with us .

If you prefer, likely his stats will be something like:
63% completion percentage (2.5% down from Kirk, this is worse off)
4.2% TD percentage (0.5% down from Kirk, this is worse off)
1.4% INT percentage (1.1% less than Kirk, this is better off)

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

That is Jason Campbell levels of mediocre.  

Campbell's 4 years:
61.2% completion percentage
3.4% TD percentage
2.3% INT percentage

So, my three year Alex Smith projection would be significantly better than Campbell on all fronts.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

This is exactly the kind of QB Alex Smith is too.

But he's a DIFFERENT dink and dunk quarterback so he is obviously an improvement!

I swear, major portions of this fanbase are infuriating idiots. BTW, I do think you owe turtle an apology (or at least admit that he was unfortunately right on this point).

1 minute ago, Woz said:

But he's a DIFFERENT dink and dunk quarterback so he is obviously an improvement!

I swear, major portions of this fanbase are infuriating idiots. BTW, I do think you owe turtle an apology (or at least admit that he was unfortunately right on this point).

He appears to be right.  I was on my 4th or 5th beer at that point.  

Archived