BREAKING:REDSKINS TRADE FOR ALEX SMITH

mar29020

Just now, samsel23 said:

Dang, I expected to see a lot of hate for trading Fuller.  I don’t blame you on that one.  I do think you guys are being pretty rough on Smith though.  He is actually really accurate with the deep ball, he always has been in KC.. it wasn’t until this year he’d actually let it go though.  Obviously his short passing game is accurate and he is money on slants.

The things that will drive you insane;  pocket presence and intermediate passing game.  The stats will show a good percentage on intermediate but it’s really because he won’t force it into LB/DB windows.

All in all though,  he is a good QB.  He is going to keep you in pretty much any game, but don’t expect him to be a game changer obviously

So is Kirk Cousins.

Just now, samsel23 said:

Dang, I expected to see a lot of hate for trading Fuller.  I don’t blame you on that one.  I do think you guys are being pretty rough on Smith though.  He is actually really accurate with the deep ball, he always has been in KC.. it wasn’t until this year he’d actually let it go though.  Obviously his short passing game is accurate and he is money on slants.

The things that will drive you insane;  pocket presence and intermediate passing game.  The stats will show a good percentage on intermediate but it’s really because he won’t force it into LB/DB windows.

All in all though,  he is a good QB.  He is going to keep you in pretty much any game, but don’t expect him to be a game changer obviously

Our fan base dislikes the FO and owner . Not so much for smith and tbh a lot of us never really consistently watched smith play .

we feel as if Kirk was the answer 

3 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

We don't hate Smith. We hate that the team was ever in this situation.

8 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Kirk wasn't bad for us here. And over the last 3 years, Kirk has outplayed him.

Any chance Kirk was not as into staying as some here were into keeping him? Maybe Washington had zero real chance to keep him? 

2 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Any chance Kirk was not as into staying as some here were into keeping him? Maybe Washington had zero real chance to keep him? 

He wanted to leave last year. I've been saying for awhile he didn't want to come back but I figured they would tag and trade him. I didn't think they'd screw it up this badly. Silly me.

4 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Even this year ? What did he do better than smith than yards .

I hate the stats game but how did Kirk out play smith this year lol.

Asked and answered. Smith had a great cast, Kirk had noone. When you account for that, Kirk outplayed him.

Pass Yards

KC = 4,093  AS= 4,042

TD

KC = 27 AS = 26

INT

KC = 13 AS = 5

Rtg

KC = 93.9   AS = 104.7

Considering Smith throws passes short and relies too much on YAC to get his yards, its not surprising his INT was lower and Rtg was higher.

That's just for 2017.

Where...again...

Smith had Kareem Hunt

Kirk had? Perine....

Smith had Kelce

Kirk had? Davis...

Smith had an OL

Kirk had? Moses as only OL to play all 16

Smith had Tyreek Hill

Kirk had? Dox...

Seriously, you're comparing me racing you and I'm getting carried and you're running with 10 pound cement shoes. And you think that's a fair comparison of our running ability? Get out of here... lol

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

That's sort of what I mean. I don't hate Smith. I don't want him on this team but I don't hate him. He's not the one who made the trade.

This ^^ He's a decent QB. But this just kicks the can down the road. We needed to suck for a year so we could get out QBOTF like the Jints, Iggles did. Danny keeps us perennially mediocre so we just miss out on the playoffs but not bad enough to actually get our QB

Archived