BREAKING:REDSKINS TRADE FOR ALEX SMITH

mar29020

Just now, lavar703 said:

Because we're stupid. They wouldn't pay Kirk because he needed to do it more than once so they paid a guy who essentially did it once lol

To be fair, Smith did it twice. He did it in 2012, which caused the Chiefs to buy high on him as well (sent a 2012 2nd and 2013 2nd for him).

So all we need to do is suffer through four years of mediocre quarterback play to have him ball out in his final season so we can trade a 39/40 year quarterback to a desperate team for a high-to-mid level pick.

It could happen, right?!

Just now, lavar703 said:

That is literally the only reason this trade was made. This is not a franchise defining moment. This is a "oh crap we may actually get fired" trade.

Should be a "THIS is why we were fired" trade.

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Hey, great response by showing me a pic of Smith in B&G and not actually responding to my post

This tells me that you have no actual rebuttal. 

I don't feel like making any more discussion about smith vs Kirk.

lol I been doing this since 11am.

5 minutes ago, Woz said:

Should be a "THIS is why we were fired" trade.

I used to think Dan wanted to win so bad that he would make short term gain type deals because he was thinking irrationally because of that burning desire to win right away.  I now just think he bought the Redskins as an investment, and he does anything he can every offseason to sell the idea this year will be better just in order to sell tickets.  Bruce Allen is the perfect weasel GM for that approach.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I used to think Dan wanted to win so bad that he would make short term gain type deals because he was thinking irrationally because of that burning desire to win right away.  I now just think he bought the Redskins as an investment, and he does anything he can every offseason to sell the idea this year will be better just in order to sell tickets.  Bruce Allen is the perfect weasel GM for that approach.

I too thought like you. And I agree with your updated analysis.

Fact: The reason we are sitting with Alex Smith is that Kirk Cousins would not sign a contract similar to Alex Smith’s new deal. No reason to compare the two at this point. Kirk is gone and Alex is here. The Redskins didn’t want to offer the highest contract in NFL history for Cousins. 

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Fact: The reason we are sitting with Alex Smith is that Kirk Cousins would not sign a contract similar to Alex Smith’s new deal. No reason to compare the two at this point. Kirk is gone and Alex is here. The Redskins didn’t want to offer the highest contract in NFL history for Cousins. 

1. Do we know if they offered Alex Smith's deal to Cousins?
  2. The highest contract is that ... until it is bettered (which will happen in short order).

Like I have said elsewhere, had they picked up Smith in free agency and given him this, I would be grumbling a bit since I think he's a downgrade and will not work as effectively in Gruden's system as he does Reid's, but I would realize that was the best available play.

Giving up Fuller and a 3rd is just getting fleeced.

12 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Ya, we'd rather offer the 5th highest contract in history to a 34 year old who has no experience with our current coach.  

5 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

What makes you guys think cousins will succeed lol.

look who his options are .. they all suck other than the Vikings and Jaguars. He's gonna suck he isn't gonna be succesful . 

If he is than cool... he did not wanna be here . And SM should take blame as well for trying to get a " Fair deal" out of him .

Because he's a good quarterback.

Jacksonville's a possibility but they announced they're rolling with Bortles.

That said, I think he ends up in Denver, which is a nice situation for him. Arizona might also be a landing spot, but I don't know who the new OC is Arizona.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Because he's a good quarterback.

Jacksonville's a possibility but they announced they're rolling with Bortles.

That said, I think he ends up in Denver, which is a nice situation for him. Arizona might also be a landing spot, but I don't know who the new OC is Arizona.

Yea he was good in our system.  I don't see him being that amazing anywhere else not named minny or the Jaguars .

Denver headcoach is trash and they'll barley have any cap to sign anyone .there drafts been awful to I believe .

Archived