BREAKING:REDSKINS TRADE FOR ALEX SMITH

mar29020

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Anyone listen to Grant and Danny today? 

They had on Sean McVay and he endorsed the Alex Smith trade and had some good things to say about Smith.

You can listen to it on 106.7 The Fan’s Audio Vault if you want.

Moss, Springs, Casserly and every other idiot claimed it was a great trade. It's not. This is the reason no one will employ Casserly anymore. 

1 minute ago, mar29020 said:

could* we had the #1 ranked slot corner in the league at 22. cmon man

I get it, but it’s far easier to replace a good corner than it is a top 10 qb through the draft, especially when we already have 3 young corners developing in house.

I hate losing Fuller but it’s pretty clear a good qb has higher position value than a good corner. 

Just now, turtle28 said:

I get it, but it’s far easier to replace a good corner than it is a top 10 qb through the draft, especially when we already have 3 young corners developing in house.

I hate losing Fuller but it’s pretty clear a good qb has higher position value than a good corner. 

And this is exactly how Snyder gets left off the hook. This isn't just Fuller for Smith. It's Cousins and our third round pick as well. In order for this team to end up with Smith we basically lost Cousins, Fuller and a third round pick because we're not getting compensation for Kirk after Bruce runs out and spends money in free agency trying to save his job.

Kirk Cousins, Kendall Fuller, 3rd round pick=Alex Smith   Let that sink in

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Or you could just resign the top 10 QB you already have in-house and retain that 3rd and CB.

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Moss, Springs, Casserly and every other idiot claimed it was a great trade. It's not. This is the reason no one will employ Casserly anymore. 

Is Sean McVay an idiot? Do you claim to be smarter than him or Casserly in your football knowledge?

The truth is a good qb trumps a good corner in terms of value. Most knew we were going to likely lose Kirk eventually you yourself had been saying it all season. 

I’ll continue to go with the slogan I heard on 980, the Redskins did the best they could in finding a solution to the qb problem that they created themselves.

It sucks losing Fuller, but it’s easier to replace him than it is a top 10 qb and through this trade we replaced Kirk with a comparable qb.

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

And this is exactly how Snyder gets left off the hook. This isn't just Fuller for Smith. It's Cousins and our third round pick as well. In order for this team to end up with Smith we basically lost Cousins, Fuller and a third round pick because we're not getting compensation for Kirk after Bruce runs out and spends money in free agency trying to save his job.

Kirk Cousins, Kendall Fuller, 3rd round pick=Alex Smith   Let that sink in

Nope, you yourself have said all year Kirk was going to be gone.

He was out of the equation already.

Just now, turtle28 said:

Is Sean McVay an idiot? Do you claim to be smarter than him or Casserly in your football knowledge?

The truth is a good qb trumps a good corner in terms of value. Most knew we were going to likely lose Kirk eventually you yourself had been saying it all season. 

I’ll continue to go with the slogan I heard on 980, the Redskins did the best they could in finding a solution to the qb problem that they created themselves.

It sucks losing Fuller, but it’s easier to replace him than it is a top 10 qb and through this trade we replaced Kirk with a comparable qb.

Smarter then the guy who drafted Heath Shuler and David Carr? Yeah, probably.

I have been saying for two years Kirk wasn't going to sign here and pleaded for this team to trade him last off-season. I knew this was going to happen if they didn't. This situation should be an career killer for a GM. He shouldn't get to give himself more power. If this trade bombs Gruden and Allen will never recover from this. This is one of the all-time blunders in NFL history. I'm absolutely embarrassed that some Redskins fans are actually calling this a good trade. Snyder is just sucking those buffoons right back in.

Just now, turtle28 said:

He didn’t want to be here. Lavar was right about that going back a year. We need to move on.

He wouldn't deal with Bruce Allen.  I wouldn't either.  Fire Bruce Allen.  Problem solved.  

If we had fired Bruce Allen and hired a real GM Cousins would still be here.  

I'm not moving on, this just happened and we are all perfectly in our right to be pissed off.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Nope, you yourself have said all year Kirk was going to be gone.

He was out of the equation already.

I did say that and I was right. Everyone was giving me crap about wanting to trade him but we had to do it. You don't sit around and just let him go. Smart front offices are pro active. That's why New England has an extra second round pick and we're left with our junk in our hands. Just a pitiful, stupid organization.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Man, this is pretty comparable to that guy that traded 3 firsts and a 2nd for RG3.  Oh wait......

And gave Haynesworth $100M...And paid Deion Sanders...And Bruce Smith....And Michael Barrow...And Jesse Armstead....and Jeremiah Trotter....and traded for Jason Taylor....and on and on and on.

Archived