BREAKING:REDSKINS TRADE FOR ALEX SMITH

mar29020

25 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

IIRC we were always going after Campbell after we fell in love with him. And Rodgers got picked before us anyway. 

The reason they fell in love with Campbell was simply because Rodgers was expected to be out of reach. 

12 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Not forgetting that at all. He did his job in the 1st half. He did not do his job in the 2nd. There are 2 halves in a game.

Sounds like a qb who’s the Redskins and someone is going to pay near $30 million to be their starter for the next 5 years only the former Redskins qb wasn’t in the playoffs when it happened.

Now that everyone's cool down about the trade and cousins leaving. I'd like to point out why smith been traded from SF.. it's two reasons .

1: smith was injured .. and Kap was doing really well when smith was gone . Harbough with an amazing D saw that trading smith for picks was gonna benefit the team. Regardless if Kap played bad the 49ers had a good run game and defense .

2: Kap was harbough guy , smith was drafted by Nolan . 

1 minute ago, Dashing202 said:

Now that everyone's cool down about the trade and cousins leaving. I'd like to point out why smith been traded from SF.. it's two reasons .

1: smith was injured .. and Kap was doing really well when smith was gone . Harbough with an amazing D saw that trading smith for picks was gonna benefit the team. Regardless if Kap played bad the 49ers had a good run game and defense .

2: Kap was harbough guy , smith was drafted from Nolan . 

smith has been replaced twice........now hes 34 and we gave a twice replaced game manager 90 mil.........

33 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

smith has been replaced twice........now hes 34 and we gave a twice replaced game manager 90 mil.........

So what? Kapernick replaced Smith and now he’s out of the league. I’m sure in hindsight the 49ers regret trading Smith to the Chiefs especially because they don’t have Garappolo under contract right now and they just traded a 2nd round pick for him. Smith has been under appreciated everywhere he’s been, that doesn’t mean he’s not good.  There’s also no guarantee that Mahomes will ever even be as good as Smith. Mahomes has played 1 game in the nfl. He has a lot to learn and there will be growing pains.

So far, Mahomes has 0 TDs & 1 int in his career, which looks like the exact opposite of Alex Smiths TD to int ratio.

I don't know if people are aware of this, but Alex was playing at a very high (efficient) level in 2012 before the concussion that ultimately ended his SF tour. 

Alex was replaced because there was immense pressure to get their new exciting toy on the field. The 49ers were relocating the next year to the new stadium, and they were looking for any reason to pump out that fresh new start. There was so much hype for the new, and that hype unfairly pushed Kaep into losing himself. It essentially consumed him. Their GM, HC, and QB paid the price, and now get a clean slate from me. 

Alex is a Redskin, so there are two things to focus on, imho. One is to focus on the weak spots of your roster. He won't carry a team that is not good, but he also won't need to be carried. The other thing is to hope he doesn't get another concussion. If you ever wanted a legit reason to gripe about the long-term contract, then you will have to focus on the concussions as the real source of concern. It might also be wise to actually see this long-term contract. Maybe it's more fluff than substance towards the end, and you can get out of it easily in a few years. 

14 hours ago, mike23md said:

I think what he is saying is, that if they had waited to do the draft day trade instead of the trade ahead of the draft, considering Rodgers was expected to be a top 10 pick, that we could have traded up for Rodgers instead of grabbing Campbell after he started to fall. 

Even if Campbell is an eventual Hall of Famer. You're sure of it. You still don't trade up to a specific spot in the last quarter of the first round before you know who is available. What if teams picked Rodgers and Campbell, what do they do then?

Unbelievably dumb. You trade for a random pick because you hope someone will be there, with essentially no information to lead you to that belief. Pure gut feeling and wasted draft capital. 

12 minutes ago, footy_29 said:

Even if Campbell is an eventual Hall of Famer. You're sure of it. You still don't trade up to a specific spot in the last quarter of the first round before you know who is available. What if teams picked Rodgers and Campbell, what do they do then?

Unbelievably dumb. You trade for a random pick because you hope someone will be there, with essentially no information to lead you to that belief. Pure gut feeling and wasted draft capital. 

Gibbs was way out of his element playing GM. Tremendous coach but he absolutely threw draft choices away.

The Browns offered one of their second round picks for Alex Smith. I mean, I know the Browns are run by idiots, but let's think about that for a second. Alex Smith was worth a second round pick to the Browns.

How much more would Cousins have been worth?

Did the front office even try to trade him last offseason when they franchised him?

8 minutes ago, Slateman said:

The Browns offered one of their second round picks for Alex Smith. I mean, I know the Browns are run by idiots, but let's think about that for a second. Alex Smith was worth a second round pick to the Browns.

Did the front office even try to trade him last offseason when they franchised him?

No because they're only trying to protect their jobs not actually run a winning franchise.

1 hour ago, footy_29 said:

I agree with you. Gibbs didnt know how to play the draft game and to really work anything out by waiting for things to play out. 

59 minutes ago, Slateman said:

The Broncos offered a second round pick for Alex as well. I'd be shocked if they couldn't have got the Niners first round pick in 2018 had they traded Kirk last off-season. 

Archived