Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WindyCity

NFL Offseason News

Recommended Posts

Alex Smith traded to the Redskins for a pick and a player.

Major domino falls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Alex Smith traded to the Redskins for a pick and a player.

Major domino falls.

Wow. Like Smith more than his reputation but man did they bungle Kirk Cousins. Jesus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. Have a feeling Cousins goes to Denver... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, G08 said:

Wow. Have a feeling Cousins goes to Denver... 

Can you imagine how the **** would hit the fan if he signed with Cleveland (who has the most $)? Even if they gave him $30M a year they’d still have like $75M in cap space too. Cousins, 1 AND 4? With Josh Gordon? Could they go from 0-16 to like 11-5 in one season? 

If they do that they could (and arguably should) auction 1 off for a metric **** ton of picks, take Barkley or Chubb at 4, still have the 2 2s they already have now and then some, etc. etc. 

If Dorsey pitches that to Cousins it’d be REALLY hard to turn down IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Cousins going to Jax, NYG, or MIN would be the best for us, IMO

I think Cousins goes to JAX or DEN. But why the hell do you want Cousins to go to MIN?? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I think Cousins goes to JAX or DEN. But why the hell do you want Cousins to go to MIN?? lol

I think he was looking at it strictly from a draft standpoint. Cousins seems like a lock to either the Browns or Broncos which throws a wrench in things a little. We NEED 3QBs to go top 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pigsooie5 said:

I think he was looking at it strictly from a draft standpoint. Cousins seems like a lock to either the Browns or Broncos which throws a wrench in things a little. We NEED 3QBs to go top 7

 

Ah, that makes more sense. I was looking purely at seasonal matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

 

Ah, that makes more sense. I was looking purely at seasonal matches.

Draft only. He could theoretically go to the Jets, meaning CLE, NYG, and DEN would all need to draft QBs. If NYG believes Eli has a few years left, I could see them selling the pick and taking a round 2 guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My money has Cousins going to Denver, which means the following teams need a QB:

Cleveland (1 and 4)

Giants (2)

Jets (6)

 

Those are ahead of us.... behind us:

Dolphins -- maybe? (11)

Cardinals (15)

Chargers (17)

Bills (21 and 22)

 

Cardinals might be a solid option for us if they fall in love with someone. I would guess that Darnold and Rosen go in the top 6 picks. Arizona could flip us #15 and #47, and we would send back our second 4th round pick (#111) and it would be pretty balanced.

That gives us: #15, #39, #47, #101, #136, #167 and #198.

We could package #39 and #47 and move up to pick #17 if we were so inclined.

 

Damnit I'm getting excited lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colin Cowherd says a deal between Cousins and Denver is close.

Allbright followed up with the same thing and said they could do a sign and trade to get around the tampering thing with a small pick going Washingtons way and no signing bonus, but a roster bonus that wouldn't count against Washingtons cap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, G08 said:

My money has Cousins going to Denver, which means the following teams need a QB:

Cleveland (1 and 4)

Giants (2)

Jets (6)

 

Those are ahead of us.... behind us:

Dolphins -- maybe? (11)

Cardinals (15)

Chargers (17)

Bills (21 and 22)

 

Cardinals might be a solid option for us if they fall in love with someone. I would guess that Darnold and Rosen go in the top 6 picks. Arizona could flip us #15 and #47, and we would send back our second 4th round pick (#111) and it would be pretty balanced.

That gives us: #15, #39, #47, #101, #136, #167 and #198.

We could package #39 and #47 and move up to pick #17 if we were so inclined.

 

Damnit I'm getting excited lol

How does Arizona’s 1 and 2, Plus next years 2 for our first this year and third next year work out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

How does Arizona’s 1 and 2, Plus next years 2 for our first this year and third next year work out?

Sounds pretty heavily in our favor to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Can you imagine how the **** would hit the fan if he signed with Cleveland (who has the most $)? Even if they gave him $30M a year they’d still have like $75M in cap space too. Cousins, 1 AND 4? With Josh Gordon? Could they go from 0-16 to like 11-5 in one season? 

If they do that they could (and arguably should) auction 1 off for a metric **** ton of picks, take Barkley or Chubb at 4, still have the 2 2s they already have now and then some, etc. etc. 

If Dorsey pitches that to Cousins it’d be REALLY hard to turn down IMO. 

I've been saying for a while the Browns are a few pieces away from being a winner 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chisoxguy7 said:

How does Arizona’s 1 and 2, Plus next years 2 for our first this year and third next year work out?

If I recall right, their 21/22 pick would be equivalent to our #8 and I think a 4th round pick.  That is of course in a balanced trade using the JJ value chart.

I'm actually becoming more pessimistic about the potential for a trade down, and not because of team needs, or the teams in front of us, but more for who's directly behind us. The next team that might conceivably take a QB is Miami, and in between them at 11 and us are the 49ers and Raiders. If I am, say, the Bills (oh god please don't let me be the Bills) I would rather trade for pick 10 than 8...

Just here to be your ray of sunshine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×