NFL Offseason News

WindyCity

15 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

If I recall right, their 21/22 pick would be equivalent to our #8 and I think a 4th round pick.  That is of course in a balanced trade using the JJ value chart.

I'm actually becoming more pessimistic about the potential for a trade down, and not because of team needs, or the teams in front of us, but more for who's directly behind us. The next team that might conceivably take a QB is Miami, and in between them at 11 and us are the 49ers and Raiders. If I am, say, the Bills (oh god please don't let me be the Bills) I would rather trade for pick 10 than 8...

Just here to be your ray of sunshine

The Bills also have to worry about someone else trading ahead of them to 9 if they’re targeting 10. It’s basically all just a giant game of chicken. 

5 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

Redskins have screwed up their QB situation bad. The RG3 trade was a huge mistake and they ruined him now they screw up cousins.

I give them credit for moving on from Griffin as quickly as they did after that massive trade up, but how they’ve handled Cousins is mind boggling to me. 

27 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

Do the Vikings have enough cap room to land cousins ? 

Absolutely they do. Over $50 mil right now, and no starting QB under contract. I wouldn't be happy to see him in purple at all.

Hopefully Shurmur moving to NYG deters him, not having a system established that he likes.

EDIT - as for who he signs with, I would imagine he would go with DEN in that situation. He has started only 1 game in the postseason, and I bet he is hungry for that postseason run. CLE is looking like they are on the upswing and is stockpiling talent, but you have to imagine Jackson might be getting on the hot seat... DEN seems like the easier road and he will likely be making substantial endorsement deals.

5 hours ago, Nads786 said:

Jordan Howard rips into Loggain's system calling it simple. This is a solid blurb about something all of us already know.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/02/01/jordan-howard-matt-nagy-chicago-bears-offense-basic/

He should be super excited to get an offense in place that should actually limit the stacked boxes. That he was as productive as he was last year is really a testimony to his ability IMO, and receiving limitations aside I’m really excited to see what he can do in an offense that sets him up for far more favorable running opportunities. 

14 hours ago, Nads786 said:

Jordan Howard rips into Loggain's system calling it simple. This is a solid blurb about something all of us already know.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/02/01/jordan-howard-matt-nagy-chicago-bears-offense-basic/

I don't think anyone is surprised by these comments...Howard faced an impossible task last year seeing 9 man boxes pretty much so every 1st & 2nd down...every player should be about this change because they will be put in a better position to win...can't wait to see what Shaheen & Cohen do as well as Howard.

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I don't think anyone is surprised by these comments...Howard faced an impossible task last year seeing 9 man boxes pretty much so every 1st & 2nd down...every player should be about this change because they will be put in a better position to win...can't wait to see what Shaheen & Cohen do as well as Howard.

Definitely more excited than I have been for most offseasons over the last 10ish years. 

1 hour ago, Rogerthat said:

Mitch is living with and training with Goff this offseason.  Good stuff.

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/02/02/nfl-los-angeles-rams-jared-goff-mitch-trubisky-bears-living-with-offseason/

Here's a link to the video of Goffs interview where he talks about living with Mitch. At about 3:30 left in the video. 

https://www.barstoolsports.com/newyork/a-candid-conversation-with-pro-bowl-qb-jared-goff/?_referrer=twitter&_branch_match_id=470699931040247504

Archived