NFL Offseason News

WindyCity

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I am stunned.

McDaniels is a snake.

The Colts are screwed.

On to option D

He had to get assurance that he’s the next NE head coach. You’d think if this was about Luck that he’d have known everything about his prognosis long before today, but if Luck is a true question mark I could see why he may not want to tie himself to the job. Take him out of the equation and what is there to build around? That’s a full blown dumpster fire, and Irsay only adds another negative variable. 

That said, I REEEEEEEALLY wanna believe this was some incredibly long game revenge by NE against Indy for Deflategate. 

12 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

He had to get assurance that he’s the next NE head coach. You’d think if this was about Luck that he’d have known everything about his prognosis long before today, but if Luck is a true question mark I could see why he may not want to tie himself to the job. Take him out of the equation and what is there to build around? That’s a full blown dumpster fire, and Irsay only adds another negative variable. 

That said, I REEEEEEEALLY wanna believe this was some incredibly long game revenge by NE against Indy for Deflategate. 

Figure they'd try to get revenge against NYG instead for beating them in two Super Bowls. lol

But on that idea...

243hef.jpg

3 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Wow. Bears dodged a bullet.  From a blaze orange suited sniper, waving a flag that says"I'm going to shoot you"

Man am I ever glad Pace didn't continue to pursue and wait for McDaniels and instead went with Nagy.  This McDaniels guy is a POS.  This is exactly why I was so against hiring him after people said he deserved a second chance, he learned form his mistakes, etc. blah , blah. 

Well clearly he didn't because you can't tell me that a people person would go out and basically hire his own assistants to a team that he spurned at the 11th hour and didn't even communicate anything to these assistants that he wasn't taking the job anymore.  Real nice guy who I would definitely want leading my franchise!!!! 9_9  Way to screw the Colts franchise and leave them hanging.

I really hope Dave Toub gets his shot now.  He deserves it and will probably be a way better coach for the Colts then McDaniels would have been.

What a punk ***** McDaniels is. I am stunned by this. He totally screwed the colts and my god how lucky did the bears get for not waiting for this guy. This also is telling for the future in NE. McDaniel is now the heir to the belicheck regime. I think Brady and belicheck go one more year and retire. But god this guy is such a punk. 

This just broke last night. I think everyone needs to pump the breaks on hating on McDaniels, we don't know the full story. What we do know is this

Colts announce MCD as new head coach

BUT

MCD never signed a contract with the Colts.

He repeatedly refused to answer reporters when they asked him if he'd coach the colts

never put out a public statement saying he would be the next coach

Based on available options and available info,  I really think Pace has done this offseason right.  Nagy locked up right away meant that the Bears seemingly had the pick of their assistant staff, and all the other options have since looked a lot worse: McD absolutely screwed the team he agreed to coach, DeFilippo didn't get an HC gig despite lots of interviews, Shurmur....whatever. 

1 minute ago, HuskieBear said:

This just broke last night. I think everyone needs to pump the breaks on hating on McDaniels, we don't know the full story. What we do know is this

BUT

He repeatedly refused to answer reporters when they asked him if he'd coach the colts

He sucks. He sucked in Denver he screwed the colts and he will find a way to screw the patriots. This moron drafted Tebow in the first 

2 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

BUT

I think the most likely explanations are that either Luck has new (bad) news on his shoulder, or that Kraft sweetened the deal for McD to stay. Either way it reflects badly on McD.  If the Colts didn't actually have an agreement with him, and made the assistant hires and scheduled the announcement without one, well that's insanely stupid, but also unlikely.  It's also not all that suprising if you look at this past decisions and anecdotes. 

Archived