NFL Offseason News

WindyCity

3 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

I think the most likely explanations are that either Luck has new (bad) news on his shoulder, or that Kraft sweetened the deal for McD to stay. Either way it reflects badly on McD.  If the Colts didn't actually have an agreement with him, and made the assistant hires and scheduled the announcement without one, well that's insanely stupid, but also unlikely.  It's also not all that suprising if you look at this past decisions and anecdotes. 

There's another rumor out there that the Colts put out the announcement that he accepted as a way of forcing him to actually accept. Does that not sound like something Irsay would do?

It's true though.  He did suck and probably won't ever be anything special on his second try as a head coach.  He has big shoes to fill after Belichick and Brady retire, that's for damn sure.

I'm thankful Bears did not hire this guy.

3 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

There's another rumor out there that the Colts put out the announcement that he accepted as a way of forcing him to actually accept. Does that not sound like something Irsay would do?

Sure it's possible, but it seems like a strategy with some serious downsides (see: coaching situation in Indianapolis at present time)

Perhaps it's confirmation bias, but I stand my assessment that McD was an unreliable jerk, and that Indianapolis blows. Also I have very few good feelings towards Indiana in general, so am content with situation as understood. 

3 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

Id say thats very unlikely.  The colts release was that an agreement had been reached i.e. they had come to terms on a contract.  The most likely and viable scenario imo is just that.  They had a handshake deal 2 weeks ago when they last spoke.  They came to terms yesterday where all that was left was the physical signing of the contract.  And McD backed out, probably bc he was assured to be the Head Coach in waiting for when BB retires.  It just stinks to high heaven and shows how little McDumbiels has learned from his past.

Mcd now former agent Bob Lamonte has terminated his relationship with Mcd.  Citing "my word is my bond, if you dont have this there is nothing else left" Also quoted as saying Mcd "comitted professional suicide".  I think that puts to bed any notion that contract terms had not yet been reached.  Clearly Mcd also hung his agent out to dry.

7 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Mcd now former agent Bob Lamonte has terminated his relationship with Mcd.  Citing "my word is my bond, if you dont have this there is nothing else left" Also quoted as saying Mcd "comitted professional suicide".  I think that puts to bed any notion that contract terms had not yet been reached.  Clearly Mcd also hung his agent out to dry.

McD and Ballard share an agent too. Or did. 

what a boring week at work and the snow hasn't even hit yet

1 Browns: Mayfield

2 Giants : Darnold

3 Colts: Rosen ~  Luck is done he is not throwing and doctors are saying another surgery.  plus what a **** show the Colts are I would be hurt too if I were luck

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2758182-report-andrew-lucks-shoulder-injury-has-doctors-concerned-could-need-surgery

4 Browns: Connor Williams ~ Joe Thomas wont be there forever

5 Broncos : Quenton Nelson ~ sign cousins continue upgrading Oline

6 Jets: Josh Allen

7 Bucs: Chubb

8 Bears: Calvin Ridley ~  He is going to put on a show at the combine run in the 4.3s check in at 6'1 195lbs and no one will think twice about taking him at 8 pair him with Jarvis Landry in free agency and you got some targets for Mitch.   

Archived