Alex Smith traded......

brooks1957

I cant believe they gave that kind of a contract to Smith but not Cousins. Cousins first contract he wanted from Washington was something like 5yr/40m. Swear the more money you ask for from Synder, the more likely you are to get it lol

Wow.  Saw this show up on Bleacher Report as I hopped into bed, and I thought that The Onion had snuck a sports story on there.  

Guess not.

We're going to be competing with the J-E-T-S for Cousins' services.  We've got more cap room right now, but they can clear quite a bit of space, AND give Cousins the keys to the biggest sports market in the country.

So, my next question is, "who aren't the Vikings going to sign?"

2 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Wow.  Saw this show up on Bleacher Report as I hopped into bed, and I thought that The Onion had snuck a sports story on there.  

Guess not.

We're going to be competing with the J-E-T-S for Cousins' services.  We've got more cap room right now, but they can clear quite a bit of space, AND give Cousins the keys to the biggest sports market in the country.

I think Bradford is the best fit.

but he plays between 2-6 weeks of football. 

Im not a Teddy Fan, so Case? 

1 minute ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Guess not.

Its getting more and more clear that the Browns are going to end up with either Bradford/Bridgewater/Tyrod/McCarron + Rosen/Darnold

Kirk Cousins is going to either the Jets or Broncos.

10 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I cant believe they gave that kind of a contract to Smith but not Cousins. Cousins first contract he wanted from Washington was something like 5yr/40m. Swear the more money you ask for from Synder, the more likely you are to get it lol

So youre saying I should ask him for a few mill to be his coffee boy... Im on it!

12 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think Bradford is the best fit.

but he plays between 2-6 weeks of football. 

Im not a Teddy Fan, so Case? 

I dont see them letting Kennum walk--I see a franchise tag for 1 year with him and they will let Teddy/Bradford walk unless one is willing to sign to be a backup.

Tyrod/McCarron IMO are both far more likely options for the Browns and since we all say last year with McCarron---my bet is that its him + Darnold/Rosen.

11 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Guess not.

you win in NY, you get benched for Geno Smith. You win in Cleveland, you better pack your bags for the 90min drive south on i-77.(talking about Canton!)

5 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Damn...for a 3rd and Kendall Fuller. I would given up a 3rd and whatever CB they wanted.

rumor was that the contract extension was part of the trade. If an extension couldnt be reached, the trade wouldnt of been made. That could of been the reason why the Browns didnt get him. Didnt want to offer him a longer term deal like that.Also a 3rd and Fuller would of been better than a 3rd and whatever DB they wanted. 

Truthfully though, Kendall Fuller makes the trade for the Chiefs.

22 years old; struggled his first year, but this past league year (his second year) he was regarded as the best dual CB in the league splitting snaps as a slot CB and boundary CB.

Fuller was regarded as a top 7 boundary CB in the league. And arguably the number 1 slot CB in the league.

PFF had him with an Elite Grade as well (even though that doesn't tell us much)

2017 PFF Grades
Overall 90.0
 #6 CB

So, a 3rd plus Fuller is really the value of a 3rd and a 2nd round pick as a 22 year old CB that talented (he only slipped in the draft because of a bad final year after recovery from an ACL injury) would fetch at least a 2nd round pick on the market.

They also extended Smith to a contract with 71Million guaranteed.

So, if a person wants to get upset with "How come we didn't give up a 3rd rounder"? Washington really gave up on the value of a 2nd and 3rd round pick for a 34 year old really good bridge QB with a few years.

As the Chiefs know what they're getting in Fuller as a young impact player, one could even argue his value is a 1st round pick.

Great trade for the Chiefs in my mind. Fuller and Peters and young Mahomes gets let loose.

Washington gets to compete for another year while they look for their next guy.

Kirk Cousins contract is going to be maddness.

If Alex Smith gets 71Million guaranteed...Cousins is getting 100Million guaranteed at least

7 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Truthfully though, Kendall Fuller makes the trade for the Chiefs.

22 years old; struggled his first year, but this past league year (his second year) he was regarded as the best dual CB in the league splitting snaps as a slot CB and boundary CB.

Fuller was regarded as a top 7 boundary CB in the league. And arguably the number 1 slot CB in the league.

PFF had him with an Elite Grade as well (even though that doesn't tell us much)

2017 PFF Grades
Overall 90.0
 #6 CB

So, a 3rd plus Fuller is really the value of a 3rd and a 2nd round pick as a 22 year old CB that talented (he only slipped in the draft because of a bad final year after recovery from an ACL injury) would fetch at least a 2nd round pick on the market.

They also extended Smith to a contract with 71Million guaranteed.

So, if a person wants to get upset with "How come we didn't give up a 3rd rounder"? Washington really gave up on the value of a 2nd and 3rd round pick for a 34 year old really good bridge QB with a few years.

As the Chiefs know what they're getting in Fuller as a young impact player, one could even argue his value is a 1st round pick.

Great trade for the Chiefs in my mind. Fuller and Peters and young Mahomes gets let loose.

Washington gets to compete for another year while they look for their next guy.

Kirk Cousins contract is going to be maddness.

If Alex Smith gets 71Million guaranteed...Cousins is getting 100Million guaranteed at least

maybe but the skins have been so weird in their history of over paying players. Its like they gave that contract to Smith to spite Cousins. 

Archived