Alex Smith traded......

brooks1957

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah that’s why I personally want them to sit a year. But I also personally feel either of the big three could win more games than Kizer. 

Btw I’ve been thinking we’ll probably end up with Fitzpatrick. He’s not a bad option as a back up that can start for now type. Hopefully Dorsey can do this right. 

I think it’s entirely possible Kizer looks halfway competent next season too. 

Not great, I don’t know if he’ll ever be that, but if they can actually tailor a game plan to his skills and provide some better skill players, he may be serviceable until the rookie is ready.

I just think folks are viewing Kizer’s stock under into actual value right now based on a bad, but not terribly unforeseen rookie season. He’ll never be the guy brownie wanted him to be, but I think he’ll stick around the league for a while as a backup a la Charlie Batch or Anderception.

23 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hopefully he’s some sort of idiot savant when it comes to football.

I feel certain he’s halfway there either way.

He can be freaking Lenny from Of Mice and Men for all I care as long as he drafts a Franchise QB and gets some quality talent out of the draft. Too far?

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m just afraid that free agency would be the parallel to the damned puppy.

trying-not-to-laugh.gif?w=640

As long as he doesn't put us in Butch Davis type cap Armageddon and gives this team a needed boost, I won't care. IF we spend money, hopefully it's on guys still in their mid 20's in their prime at key positions, or with walk-away/team options after a year or two.

Honestly I feel like CB and FS can be addressed in free agency, depth late in the draft at the DT/ILB/OL positions, and loading up at the (mostly offensive) skill positions and QB HIGH in the draft.

We don't need 4-6 big named free agents, we need 1-2 (maybe 3) in the right spots.

32 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think it’s entirely possible Kizer looks halfway competent next season too. 

Not great, I don’t know if he’ll ever be that, but if they can actually tailor a game plan to his skills and provide some better skill players, he may be serviceable until the rookie is ready.

I just think folks are viewing Kizer’s stock under into actual value right now based on a bad, but not terribly unforeseen rookie season. He’ll never be the guy brownie wanted him to be, but I think he’ll stick around the league for a while as a backup a la Charlie Batch or Anderception.

I still want him at the #3 development spot. But if Haley thinks he can start while grooming Darnold/Rosen I’d be ok with it. As long as Darnold/Rosen are on this freaking team I’m down with Weeden coming back. 

We currently have no QB on the roster who's won an NFL football game - that cannot be the case going into 2018 even if the plan is to draft Darnold or Rosen and start them.  The roster needs to be augmented.  Yes we did start Kizer, and you saw the result.  

McCarron - if I were him, I'd have to think ~I just fought for FA (assuming he wins his case) I'm 27, showed well when I've had the chance.  Do I really want to go to a team that's drafting a wunderkid who WILL be replacing me at some point? ~   If I were him, I wouldn't.  

With Smith gone (and with that comment of his, that's fine with me) I'm thinking Minnesota is the logical place to look.  Could be a surprise with Tannehill or even Bottles, but realistically Minnie is the best place to shop.  

Just for fun, what if Foles plays lights out?  Eagles win it all and he flashes that previous All-Pro form of his?  We have two 1st, three 2nds .... I'd expect chatter about that if he shines. 

Other than that, the Brinks truck for Cousins is still an option.  

To me, the unthinkable -- McCarron stays in Cinci and becomes the starter, and Dalton is trade bait.  Would Hugh push for that? 

By the way, I think the general consensus is that the Browns plan on some serious shopping, what with that 100+ in cap space and all.  They should, assuming they're smart about FA like the Jags were, but don't be shocked if the cart doesn't get too full.  Something tells me Jimmy likes things, lets just say cost effective.  

Lastly, I saw a clip from The Herd I think it was, Collin Cowherd talking about the genius of NE, that the hoodie is now more inclined to trade away picks for players in large part due to the new CBA, less practice time available to rookies and thus less time to ready a team .. a bend towards some league experience when possible.   Not sure if that's true and I don't think QB can be had that way but if it makes sense, it might be preferable to adding another twelve 20-22 year olds to a so young a roster.  Trading some of those mid-round or later round picks for some hopefully productive system guys might not be a bad way to go.  

43 minutes ago, StewieRules said:

Just for fun, what if Foles plays lights out?  Eagles win it all and he flashes that previous All-Pro form of his?  We have two 1st, three 2nds .... I'd expect chatter about that if he shines. 

Forget it.  Philly has the best QB situation in the league.  A great back up at a team-friendly salary?  Foles isn't going anywhere.  What if Wentz's knew is an issue next summer?

16 minutes ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

Forget it.  Philly has the best QB situation in the league.  A great back up at a team-friendly salary?  Foles isn't going anywhere.  What if Wentz's knew is an issue next summer?

Personally I agree, but I can already hear MKC going there.  Another point, IF Foles crushes it; who's to say he wouldn't want to start somewhere, which wont be happening in Philly?  I'm not trying to push it, or think it's a probability .... but stranger things have happened. 

12 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'm with ya. If we would so happen to sign Cousins I wouldn't draft a QB at all, I'd probably trade down with both picks. Maybe 1 to 5 with Denver and 4 to 6 with the jets. Pick up whatever we can and still get 2 of the 3 top non QB prospects. Assuming the Colts don't beat us to the punch.

Totally agree. Although Id consider drafting Kyle Leuletta with our 3rd round pick. More I dig on him, more I like. He can backup for the next 4 years.

3 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

So yeah I scrolled through this WHOLE thread and you know what? No one thought of this gem right here:

MISTER SMITH GOES TO WASHINGTON!!!! 

Get it? huh? #humpdaylulz what what! 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Tip of the cap for this one. Mans on top of his cheesy game!

Washington gave up a lot. The 3rd isn't a huge deal, but isn't nothing. But Kendall Fuller was one of the 2-3 best slot CBs in football this year. Great move by KC to get a defensive starter and a likely high-quality depth guy (3rd round pick) for a 34 year old QB that they had to move on from anyway to make room for Mahomes. They've got three years now with their franchise QB on a rookie pay scale, plus another with the 5th year option. It's a nice window for them.

9 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Man I wish Bradford wasn’t made of glass. 

We better go get Cousins now. 

Silver lining is that with a lower level veteran it is far easier to have a excuse to pull them mid-year for Darnold/Rosen. Sort of like how the Keenum/Goff situation played out 2 years ago. You can justifiably pull McCarron/Tyrod/Bradford week 10-11 if they lose 3 in a row.

Still hoping we just go all in on Cousins though and dont have to worry about it.

Archived