Alex Smith traded......

brooks1957

3 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

I doubt any decent QB FA will sign with Cleveland, they all want to go to a team that will guarantee them a real shot to be their starting QB, now and in the future. If we are drafting a QB #1 overall, it will definitely turn off FA QB's.

Also, it will obviously depend on who Buffalo can get to replace Taylor, if they fail in the draft, they may well resign him.

Cleveland fans are likely just going to have to face the fact, that until the QB we draft #1 overall is productive, likely in his second season, we will continue to be a losing franchise only capable of 3 or 4 wins. The 2019 season should be our breakout year, rushing it will only set the franchise backwards!!!

I agree, we’re not doing much until 2019 at the earliest at this point, but I still think we can get a DECENT option for 2018.  

The top guys won’t consider us and some of the mediocre ones may not either, but guys like Bradford, Bridgewater, Fitzpatrick, McCown (?), Keenum, etc., arent all going to find starting roles, or at least multi year starting roles. All of those guys give us a better chance to win now and allow the rookie, and Kizer, to be developed at their pace.

Archived