Smith to be traded...

starbarkc

There will be plenty of naysayers, but I remain quite positive on Smith. Not perfect, but stabilized the position which got allowed us to build the team so aquiring QBOTF Mahomes can start well. A 3rd + is definitely fair. Good situation for him, too.

1 minute ago, starbarkc said:

There will be plenty of naysayers, but I remain quite positive on Smith. Not perfect, but stabilized the position which got allowed us to build the team so aquiring QBOTF Mahomes can start well. A 3rd + is definitely fair. Good situation for him, too.

I have a feeling the team tried to trade him to a good situation out of respect of what he accomplished here. Which makes me happy. I would've been disappointed to see him end his career stuck in Cleveland or something. I wanted a 2nd or a 3rd and change. Seems like that's what we're getting. Eager to see who the unnamed player is.

Okay, I'm officially ecstatic now. That's going to be saving like $16M in cap this year, adding talent (and young, cheap talent at that) to one of our biggest problem positions a year ago, AND we're finally getting to see the Chiefs go all-in on a drafted franchise QB. Oh, and we still get that extra 3rd round pick that a year ago seemed like the most we could've asked for from Smith.

Awesome.

Great trade for you all.

Fuller a 22 year old top slot CB with boundary CB versatility and impact is a great get.

He slipped in the draft due to playing poorly his final year in college due to a knee injury that turned into an ACL injury.

He balled out this year after being finally healthy.

Cap relief, a 22 year old ascending CB2 with CB1 star potential upside, and a 3rd round pick....I can't imagine a scenario where things could've went better via trade.

Let the wild stallion that is Mahomes run free...it's going to be a wild roller coaster of celebration and frustration with Mahomes next year.

All in all he needs the experience and the ups and downs will set him up to take giant step year 3.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 2

I wake up and all of a sudden Smith is gone. :o

Those are exciting news. Mahomes will officially take over next year! We get some great help on the CB position with a young talented guy who should be 2 more years under contract and we get an extra 3rd round pick. I take that. This trade helps us dramatically cap wise. Well done, Veach.