(Poll) Choose 1: Kirk Cousins OR a QB at 1.....

Mind Character

Kirk Cousins will not agree to come to the Browns if we tell him that we will use our 1st or 4th pick on a young QB1.  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Kirk Cousins will not agree to come to the Browns if we tell him that we will use our 1st or 4th pick on a young QB1. So choose: Kirk Cousins OR a QB at 1?

• 1.) Kirk Cousins. I'm putting my money on the 30 year old QB; he's still in his prime and can get us to the playoffs or better. If we surround him with talent, we can make our run deep in the tournament for 4 years. I can't wait for some young guy to get ready...I have to win right now. Cousins can get us to winning right now. That's enough for me. Take a shot later in the draft on young QB and call it a day. Screw the QB class. Go all in on Cousins...he's the one.
    • 2.) QB at 1 (Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield). Cousins is good, but not enough to pass on this draft's crop of QB1s. He's 30-31, and he's not divisional title game/Super bowl type that would justify us passing on younger, cheaper QBs that might have that potential. Plus, we can use the cap space to continue to build at other positions around the young QB1 when he's ready.

These poll results are incredibly disheartening. I almost think Browns fans are afraid of what would happen if we actually win; there are a million questions surrounding the top quarterback prospects vs the option to get a franchise quarterback in his prime for 0 draft picks...

Door #2 eh...

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAPDAAAAJGY4ZGZmZWVlLTE1ZDEt

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

Let me make sure I have this straight.

Cousins team will be willing to way overpay Alex Smith instead of signing Cousins.

Yet, there are Cousins lovers in the forum.

What is wrong with this picture?

Well, for starters, you are looking at the wrong picture.

7 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Cousins team will be willing to way overpay Alex Smith instead of signing Cousins.

You can chalk that up to the Redskins ownership and Dan Snyder being a moron---like he has always been.

But even more seriously I think its cause the relationship between Cousins and the FO is severed. They knew they had to get rid of him.

This has never been more evident than Cousins screaming 'HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW!!" right in Scot McCloughlan's face in the tunnel dead seriously after he won the Redskins a game. Seems like he was letting some inner workings of their relationship come out.

26 minutes ago, dawgpound1816 said:

I expect Joe Thomas to retire right after Free Agency when they don't land a formidable veteran. The Browns will draft a QB and Joe's replacement while bringing in a hopeful pos mediocre bridge qb. I pray it's not Darnold as many teams know to attack the ball against him as he's careless and a long telegraphic thrower.

I'll add that it does appear likely that if we roll with a rookie that Joe will likely hang them up asap...vs maybe three more seasons with Kark. 

To me, it's the easiest choice in the world, Bakker be danged.

I voted Cousins.

This is how I look at it. 

If the Browns have Cousins

• QB - Cousins
  • RB - Duke
  • TE - Njoku/Devalve
  • WR - Gordon/Coleman
  • OL - One of the better Lines. Cousins might bring Joe back because the team can compete

They head into the rest of FAs with the 3rd most cap space and the draft with the most draft picks with 5 picks in the first 2 rounds. They could get even more if they trade down from #1. Maybe Cleveland trades back with the Bills, gets #21/#22/#53 and future 1st and etc. It better be a haul on some future picks as well. So the Browns could potentially have  something like #4/#21/#22/#33/#35/#53/#63/#65 (1st pick in the 3rd). Having 8 picks in the first 65 picks, man that could be one hell of a way to build up a team by Dorsey.

Using walter football for the players they take at this picks. I know it doesnt mean much because its not in the mindset of the Browns but just the kind of talent that could be brought in.

• #4  Minkah Fitzpatrick, S/CB, Alabama
  • #21 Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn
  • #22 Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU
  • #33 Brian O'Neill, OT, Pittsburgh
  • #35  Mike Hughes, CB, Central Florida
  • #53 R.J. McIntosh, DT, Miami
  • #63 Terrell Edmunds, LB/S, Virginia Tech
  • #65 Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame

The depth on this team would be greatly improved because they just added 8 top65 players and the other FAs. Gonna have to trim the fat off the roster. Add it what FAs they sign. Browns could have a huge turnover and could have a lot of early success.

Easy....negotiations and offseason expectations could have easily went opposite ways. 

Let's be honest here. Smith just cashed in cheaper than Cousins and the Chiefs got a top tier Nickelback. It's that simple. Both teams made out. Washington gave up Fuller, but they saved an average of 7 mil off their cap going with Smith. 

9 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Cousins + trade down at #1 for megahaul. We won't have another opportunity to trade down like this once we have Kirt.

imagine trading the #1 to the Bills and getting their two 1st and their two 2nds and maybe future picks as well.

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

imagine trading the #1 to the Bills and getting their two 1st and their two 2nds and maybe future picks as well.

Even that haul wouldnt equal the #1 on the trade value chart.  We can easily stay in the top 5 or 6 and still get a lot more on top of that.  I prefer that route.  

Add COusins for a lot of money to stabilize QB.  Add like 5 good free agents.  Draft 4,5,32,35,63,65, add probably another decent pick this year and another future 1st that should be fairly high.

Still would not be anywhere near the salary cap even if we overpay all those FAs.  Make playoffs next year.  Have a super young and talented team.

Yeah, like someone mentioned, it's like Browns fans are afraid to win.  The team has been so bad at being a team that fans have become bad at being fans.  

4 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

Even that haul wouldnt equal the #1 on the trade value chart.  We can easily stay in the top 5 or 6 and still get a lot more on top of that.  I prefer that route.  

Add COusins for a lot of money to stabilize QB.  Add like 5 good free agents.  Draft 4,5,32,35,63,65, add probably another decent pick this year and another future 1st that should be fairly high.

Still would not be anywhere near the salary cap even if we overpay all those FAs.  Make playoffs next year.  Have a super young and talented team.

Yeah, like someone mentioned, it's like Browns fans are afraid to win.  The team has been so bad at being a team that fans have become bad at being fans.  

Well the trade chart says the #1 is worth 3000. The Bills two 1st and two 2nd would equal around 2340. so its not equal there but I would also want some future picks. Who knows what that could include but it could easily add up too another 700.

You give me Cousins, Landry, and best corner in FA to go along with who ever else they sign and the draft. This team should have a huge turn around

Honestly I'm down with both but I think it makes too much sense for Kirk to go to DEN
1. their defense is there
2. john elway prob has more selling power than hue jackson
3. im not sure john elway can groom a young qb (3 failures)
4. john elways job might be gettin' a hotter if they miss on another 1st round QB

Between those two options I went with Cousins but I still think we should take a QB in the first round.  After watching Darnold I'm much lower on him than initially, his throwing mechanics are way too raw to slot him in at starting QB.  Rosen seems clearly to be a better option to play right away, but he doesn't want to be here and has those concussion concerns.  I don't feel like throwing another season to another rookie QB although I'm sure Kizer will get another hack at it.  Winning is extremely pertinent.

Baker will probably be there at 4, or even maybe we can trade some of those 2nd round choices to move back in the first again if one of the top talents fall.  We need veterans more than another large crop of young guys anyways.

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Well you're assuming the Redskins are making the correct  call when they usually don't.

To answer this question, what has Washington done since Cousins established himself as the face of the franchise to make themselves better? 

-They let Pierre Garcon and Desean Jackson leave in free agency. 

-They seemed to rely on Jordan Reed, a guy who averaged 5 missed games per season over his first 4 years to be their offensive playmaker. He ended up making it through 6 games healthy

-They have yet to commit to running the football. Alfred Morris went for over 1,000 yards 3 straight seasons, then they let him leave. 

Washington literally downgraded at WR, RB, hadn't addressed tight end concerns, have an oft-injured offensive line, spend a 2nd round pick in 2016 on a player who doesn't love football and already walked away, and reached with their 2nd and 3rd round picks this year, and got virtually no production from Ryan Anderson or Fabian Moreau. 

If Kirk goes to Minnesota, he has two really talented WR's and a reliable tight end who hasn't missed a game in three years. He also has a defense that can be dominant at times. Same goes for Jacksonville and the way they are building that team. 

For argument's sake, lets pretend we get Cousins, and we end up committing to him and getting some major compensation in return for trading pick #1. Lets assume we end up with 7 picks in the top 65 this year, and end up with the following players...

Saquon Barkley RB

Carlton Davis CB

Tremaine Edmunds LB

Christian Kirk WR/KR/PR

Marcel Ateman WR

Levi Wallace CB

Armani Watts S

You don't see this football team going from a lackluster, can't score points can't prevent scoring to a competitive, fast-rising franchise? 

Archived