(Poll) Choose 1: Kirk Cousins OR a QB at 1.....

Mind Character

Kirk Cousins will not agree to come to the Browns if we tell him that we will use our 1st or 4th pick on a young QB1.  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Kirk Cousins will not agree to come to the Browns if we tell him that we will use our 1st or 4th pick on a young QB1. So choose: Kirk Cousins OR a QB at 1?

• 1.) Kirk Cousins. I'm putting my money on the 30 year old QB; he's still in his prime and can get us to the playoffs or better. If we surround him with talent, we can make our run deep in the tournament for 4 years. I can't wait for some young guy to get ready...I have to win right now. Cousins can get us to winning right now. That's enough for me. Take a shot later in the draft on young QB and call it a day. Screw the QB class. Go all in on Cousins...he's the one.
    • 2.) QB at 1 (Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield). Cousins is good, but not enough to pass on this draft's crop of QB1s. He's 30-31, and he's not divisional title game/Super bowl type that would justify us passing on younger, cheaper QBs that might have that potential. Plus, we can use the cap space to continue to build at other positions around the young QB1 when he's ready.

I voted draft. Last year it would have easily been Cousins. Just depends on the QBs available that draft year for me. Cousins is a top 10 QB and you know what you are getting but in a draft where there are a few QBs that could easily get to that top 10 area and also be 8-9 years younger and on a rookie contract as opposed to $30 million per year that sway it for me. It is a bit of a gamble but football is a bit of a gamble.

13 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Then again...if Cousins has another level left in him in terms of QB play a few 8 or 9 wins seasons and a playoff win would feel really really good.

But...I just don't think Cousins elevates the team enough to pass on the QB1s.

100% agree.

Short term thinking/gratification.

Like a fbuddy that you know is not the one.

9 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Cousins + trade down at #1 for megahaul. We won't have another opportunity to trade down like this once we have Kirt.

Agreed. As long as that megahaul includes a good player or two. I really dont want to see the Browns with more draft picks and young talent they have to develop. We have enough of those and its the reason we are 1-31 in the last 2 years haha.

12 hours ago, dawgdish said:

The whole plan that we're halfway down the road on was to stock up on young talent and develop them. Most of our stars are going to be first or second year players this season

That was Sashi's plan.

What/Who's plan are we following now?

I voted Cousins. 

First off...Not only are we all tired of losing, watching failure after failure between hopeful below average bridge Qbs and hopeful developmental rookie Qbs...it's wearing on the players too. Joe Thomas wants a Proven Established Veteran like Cousins to block for. Getting a Veteran like Cousins could help assure the GOAT comes back and extend his contract per his podcast. It could keep Gordon here. It can bring veterans attracted to the likes of a savvy veteran Qb being on the team because we all know it wouldn't be because of the weather or the current winning streak. He's only 30, and with Qbs playing to 40....That's 8-10 years. That's not bad at all. That's 8 to 10 times better than what we've had.

With the Browns having so much salary cap and ammo in the draft, they can turn this team around in 1 offseason and for the future. What better IMO than to bring in a Proven Established Veteran Qb as the Leader of the offense. He changes the dynamics of this team by signing the dotted line....it's called a Positive Proven Confidence Builder. Not only does Cousins bring his Veteran Leadership, he brings Maximum value back to the #1 & #4 picks instead of picks 2 & 3. An epic trade can be had for the future of this team now and later.

I don't expect Cousins to come to Cleveland as he said in a recent interview what's most important to him is Winning. "Winning is what you get remembered for." That's just something the Browns don't know how to do.

I expect Joe Thomas to retire right after Free Agency when they don't land a formidable veteran. The Browns will draft a QB and Joe's replacement while bringing in a hopeful pos mediocre bridge qb. I pray it's not Darnold as many teams know to attack the ball against him as he's careless and a long telegraphic thrower.

This move defined this offseason early. Alex Smith went to a team with lackluster weapons that Kirk Cousins couldn't work with this past year with a 2nd team OL to avoid playing for the Browns. He knew his fate this year, and I guarantee the Chiefs used the Browns early 2nd Rd pick to define the trade per Alexs wishes, and to keep him put of the division.

9 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Cousins + trade down at #1 for megahaul. We won't have another opportunity to trade down like this once we have Kirt.

No, we won't.

Because we will have positioned ourselves as pretenders for the forseeable future.

Archived