The tWo Hangout

• 1 month later...

I’ve recently come to realize that My complete distain for the Jaguars very easily coincides with *other things* in the world. So here’s hoping that the Jags cleaning house gets me back to my old ways of constantly talking, constantly analyzing everything the team does on and off the field. 

2 hours ago, pwny said:

I’ve recently come to realize that My complete distain for the Jaguars very easily coincides with *other things* in the world. So here’s hoping that the Jags cleaning house gets me back to my old ways of constantly talking, constantly analyzing everything the team does on and off the field. 

Hope things are all good man.

Think it'd be a nice refresher for us all. Give the whole fan base a well deserved breath of fresh air.

12 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Hope things are all good man.

Think it'd be a nice refresher for us all. Give the whole fan base a well deserved breath of fresh air.

Yeah, everything’s good. it’s just very likely that the other stuff going on over the last 4 years soured me on wanting to care about a trash bag team that can’t get things right. Maybe now that there’s some stability incoming, I can balance both still fighting for my ideals and being pissed at the Jaguars. 

Or maybe it was just a coincidence. 

Edited by pwny
  • Like 1

On 11/5/2020 at 6:21 PM, pwny said:

I honestly hope that's true for you.  And that you can get past it now.

I just really don't know if that's the case for me.  I think there are some things wrong with this team that burrow a lot deeper than that.

15 hours ago, pwny said:

There absolutely is. But also I think cleaning house would deal with a number of those. 

I've honestly just started to wonder lately if, "cleaning house" is even enough.  I think this team might need a clean slate, new ownership to really pull out of this prolonged nosedive.  And that notion is fraught with consequence of its own.

On 11/12/2020 at 1:09 AM, Tugboat said:

I've honestly just started to wonder lately if, "cleaning house" is even enough.  I think this team might need a clean slate, new ownership to really pull out of this prolonged nosedive.  And that notion is fraught with consequence of its own.

That’s all fair. I’m not quite to the point of thinking Shad is Major League-ing us. So I think he can still fall backwards into a good hire. Jerry Jones built a dynasty. Stan Kroenke fell into some good hires. Jimmy Haslem seems to have put together a competent group of people. We’ll see; its gonna take a lot to turn things around to where we need to be. 

18 minutes ago, pwny said:

Its things like that that give me the feeling that Shad isn’t pulling a Major League with the city. I think he wants to win, but has gotten it stuck in his head that stability is needed at the cost of everything else. 

Think there's a difference between just being bad/not knowing what you're doing (get the feeling this is Shad) and not caring/"Major Leaguing" us.

He said when he got here he wanted to emulate the Steelers. He wanted to hire people and let them do their job/give them all the resources they need and have continuity. The problem is, he doesn't have the background/knowledge of the game of football like the Rooney's and have that history/guys in place that have set that culture for decades on decades.

I get not wanting to be the Browns and recycling guys every couple years, but there's also gotta be accountability in a win-now business and results which is something we haven't gotten from the regime since he kicked it off with in Caldwell and co.

Looks like neglegence from the outside, but I think it's just him trying to do what he thinks is right. Doesn't give him a pass for all the issues with the organization and how bad we've been whatsoever.

He's still a bad owner, but it's not because he doesn't care. Just my opinion on it.

What happens if Khan's $5M "big boy" contribution (which is like a Starbucks tip to him), isn't enough to make the project work?  Does it still move forward, or does it just die on the vine?

The Museum announced the launch of its capital campaign in March 2019, with the goal of raising $20 million in community support from individuals, businesses and corporations, foundations and other community stakeholders. Originally called MOSH 2.0, the campaign has since been retitled MOSH Genesis to reflect a new beginning for the Museum as it casts a bolder vision for the institution, as well as the City of Jacksonville.

brb, pledging $5M dollars that are pennies to me, to demonstrate that i'm super commited to a project that is probably not happening in Jacksonville because its only one quarter of the project while everything else is falling apart.  Especially in the times of Covid.

Big time to be putting up money if others match it.  I'll do a thing for $5M, if everyone else does a thing for $15M combined (these businesses aren't worth a fraction of that combined, much less have the ability to scrounge up the capital for it, especially in the midst of a pandemic).

Otherwise...

It's a contribution to a Genesis Capital project.  Nothing to see here.  It's probably just a weird name thing.  There's definitely no money moving in strange ways here.  Don't look into it at all.  Ever.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...