The tWo Hangout

• 2 weeks later...

I joined this forum as JagFan122-b-21 way back in 2006.

Through the years, this has been the absolute best place to talk Jaguars Football... my hometown team who's provided some of the very best and most memorable moments of my life. 

A few years ago I left this forum...

I came back today just to look and see what had changed and if any old dogs were still around. 

I saw in my alerts my name has stayed alive, if only in a passing post about where everyone is from back in January. 

I miss this place more than I thought. 

• Like 1

On 4/19/2018 at 1:31 PM, MoJo122-b-21 said:

I joined this forum as JagFan122-b-21 way back in 2006.

Through the years, this has been the absolute best place to talk Jaguars Football... my hometown team who's provided some of the very best and most memorable moments of my life. 

A few years ago I left this forum...

I came back today just to look and see what had changed and if any old dogs were still around. 

I saw in my alerts my name has stayed alive, if only in a passing post about where everyone is from back in January. 

I miss this place more than I thought. 

Mojo!! Whats up brother? There are still alot of old dogs still here but quite a bit of new blood too. Stick around. At the very least Thursday will be crazy

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Mojo!! Whats up brother? There are still alot of old dogs still here but quite a bit of new blood too. Stick around. At the very least Thursday will be crazy

I'm not sure how crazy it'll actually be.  For the first time in like a decade or whatever, we're picking so late in the 1st round that i think people have a lot less entrenched firm opinions on the guys we might take.  And there are a ton of different possibilities because it's so much harder to narrow down what's likely to be there, compared to picking Top-5/10 as is customary for the Jaguars.

15 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I'm not sure how crazy it'll actually be.  For the first time in like a decade or whatever, we're picking so late in the 1st round that i think people have a lot less entrenched firm opinions on the guys we might take.  And there are a ton of different possibilities because it's so much harder to narrow down what's likely to be there, compared to picking Top-5/10 as is customary for the Jaguars.

This is more fun/should almost bring more talk though. When you're in the top 5 you know one of a few guys is the pick barring some crazy pick out of no where. Lot of dissect when we're at the end of the round. So many possibilities/players that are options.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

This is more fun/should almost bring more talk though. When you're in the top 5 you know one of a few guys is the pick barring some crazy pick out of no where. Lot of dissect when we're at the end of the round. So many possibilities/players that are options.

Yeah.  It's fun, and there are a lot more wide-ranging opinions too.  So much to talk about.  Just harder for people to get locked in on "expecting" any one particular guy and really disappointed...where things can get a little crazy if/when the unexpected does occur.

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  It's fun, and there are a lot more wide-ranging opinions too.  So much to talk about.  Just harder for people to get locked in on "expecting" any one particular guy and really disappointed...where things can get a little crazy if/when the unexpected does occur.

If we draft a RB (highly doubtful) I think we could see some up in arms people. Same way with Rudolph if people are anti him.

11 hours ago, .Buzz said:

If we draft a RB (highly doubtful) I think we could see some up in arms people. Same way with Rudolph if people are anti him.

I think there are opinions about who the better WR/IOL guys are too. There have been alot of QB discussions as well. It’s definitely different to have no clue what falls to us but its a nice change. It will just suck if you stay up to watch and then we trade back

On 4/22/2018 at 7:04 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I never could get the forum to load on draft day, though this new version looks pretty fancy. 

21 hours ago, .Buzz said:

That's true.  I suppose there are some things that could flip the lid off this place.

Even Rudolph though, i'm probably one of the bigger skeptics of his ability here, and i know i've pretty well prepared myself for the inevitability.  :S

9 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I think there are opinions about who the better WR/IOL guys are too. There have been alot of QB discussions as well. It’s definitely different to have no clue what falls to us but its a nice change. It will just suck if you stay up to watch and then we trade back

I'd be excited if they managed to trade back a little bit out of the 1st round tbh.  Get the the whole rest of the night and next day to look over what's left, think about and discuss possibilities, and hang on to that sweet draft suspense.  Plus, i think it'd likely represent really good "value" picking up another asset, in a draft like this where the guys at 29th probably aren't going to be that massively different from the guys in the late 30s.

Anyone planning on getting a jersey? Still debating what color/who to get.

Want to get a Blake one, kind of leaning that way actually, but who know's how long he's our guy if he doesn't take a step this year. Ngakoue/Jack/Ramsey are the other three I'm considering.

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Anyone planning on getting a jersey? Still debating what color/who to get.

Want to get a Blake one, kind of leaning that way actually, but who know's how long he's our guy if he doesn't take a step this year. Ngakoue/Jack/Ramsey are the other three I'm considering.

Gonna wait to see how they look, but leaning towards getting a teal Ramsey.