The tWo Hangout

13 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Wow Jason Babin doesn't look all that bad. I am surprised that he's still in Jacksonville. Looks like he enjoyed being in the area. I enjoy seeing former Jaguars still around the area. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jags said:

Wow Jason Babin doesn't look all that bad. I am surprised that he's still in Jacksonville. Looks like he enjoyed being in the area. I enjoy seeing former Jaguars still around the area. 

I know Reggie Hayward, Maurice Williams, David Garrard and Marlon McCree (:/) all live in GK.

Daniel Murphy (baseball player for the Nats) also does as well. He is the man.

On 6/8/2018 at 3:06 PM, KhanYouDigIt said:

I know Reggie Hayward, Maurice Williams, David Garrard and Marlon McCree (:/) all live in GK.

Daniel Murphy (baseball player for the Nats) also does as well. He is the man.

This is so cool. Like I think it's the coolest thing. I am torn because I have been thinking about moving to Jacksonville because I have the opportunity to transfer there, but I know I'd lose my girlfriend and be away from family and childhood friends because no one would come with me. 

4 hours ago, Jags said:

This is so cool. Like I think it's the coolest thing. I am torn because I have been thinking about moving to Jacksonville because I have the opportunity to transfer there, but I know I'd lose my girlfriend and be away from family and childhood friends because no one would come with me. 

Thats a tough sell there. Gotta do what makes you happy. At the end of the day some people dont like being so far away from family. My brother lives 4 hours away and wanted space since some people in the family tried to be way too involved in his personal life but comes home to hang with us every so often but i never wanted to leave the area. 

6 hours ago, iPwn said:

Sounds like you shouldn’t go.

Yeah. I think if her and I spread roots where we are now, maybe she'll decide to leave once we have some place established down here. Possibly in another decade I'll be in Jacksonville. She wants to buy a duplex and start a business eventually. Not to mention that her elderly father (almost in his 80's) is here and his health is declining, so I'm not going to push her to leave. 

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Thats a tough sell there. Gotta do what makes you happy. At the end of the day some people dont like being so far away from family. My brother lives 4 hours away and wanted space since some people in the family tried to be way too involved in his personal life but comes home to hang with us every so often but i never wanted to leave the area. 

So I am happy where I am now. I enjoy being around family and friends and the familiarity of this "small town" (well almost 100,000 people here) area. I am thinking that I should go back to school since my job offers a full ride to Ashford University, but it's a for profit school and I'm not sure I am smart/ determined enough to finish school. I'd like to get a degree in communications, but I'm just biding time because I'm not confident or sure. 

57 minutes ago, Jags said:

So I am happy where I am now. I enjoy being around family and friends and the familiarity of this "small town" (well almost 100,000 people here) area. I am thinking that I should go back to school since my job offers a full ride to Ashford University, but it's a for profit school and I'm not sure I am smart/ determined enough to finish school. I'd like to get a degree in communications, but I'm just biding time because I'm not confident or sure. 

Is Ashford like a really tough school or something? I seriously dont know.

The bolded is 2 completely different things. Determined enough almost sounds like you're lazy. Honestly there are plenty of people in my graduating class i wouldnt consider "smart" but they were determined and managed their time well. Like 95% of classroom college to me was just managing time well. 

38 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

The bolded is 2 completely different things. Determined enough almost sounds like you're lazy. Honestly there are plenty of people in my graduating class i wouldnt consider "smart" but they were determined and managed their time well. Like 95% of classroom college to me was just managing time well. 

Definitely more of the second. Laziness and fear of failure. 

12 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

That's true.  They are two very different things.  Different people find different routes to the same result though.

For me, like 95% of college was mismanaging time, and pulling things out of the fire at the last minute lol.  Which worked, but i probably would've got a lot more out of it by managing time better and being more determined, invested, and mostly just less lazy.  Would've probably been a lot more stressful and less fun though, so whatevs.  Path of least resistance was a fun ride and sometimes i kinda wish i could go back for more.

On 6/10/2018 at 9:34 AM, Jags said:

Ayeeeeee

0cfccf814c72978ec8dc888dc5db18a1.gif

You got it man.

Edited by .Buzz
  • Like 1