Adrenaline_Flux

The tWo Hangout

15 minutes ago, iPwn said:
39 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Hopefully not! Haha.

Did you at least go to one of the games?

No. :(

I have been swamped between this being a busy month at work and moving. I was in Des Moines in late June to see John Mulaney, but that was right before Schwarber went down to Triple-A.

35 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I have been swamped between this being a busy month at work and moving. I was in Des Moines in late June to see John Mulaney, but that was right before Schwarber went down to Triple-A.

Sounds like an awful life.

I work on a street that's 3 blocks from Wrigley. Just a short drive there.

7 minutes ago, iPwn said:
44 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Sounds like an awful life.

I work on a street that's 3 blocks from Wrigley. Just a short drive there.

Oh, my life is awful for plenty of reasons other than that!

1 minute ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Oh, my life is awful for plenty of reasons other than that!

Most of them being Iowa. 

28 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Most of them being Iowa. 

You aren't wrong.

I'm sorry, but I just do not enjoy living in this state. Des Moines is solid but besides that...i'm good just coming here to see family and not living here.

12 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

You aren't wrong.

I'm sorry, but I just do not enjoy living in this state. Des Moines is solid but besides that...i'm good just coming here to see family and not living here.

100% feel you. I grew up in a small town in upstate NY. Moved here two and a half years ago. I honestly don't feel like ever going back. The small town, not a lot to do, mediocre atmosphere. I'm just not okay with it.

24 minutes ago, iPwn said:

100% feel you. I grew up in a small town in upstate NY. Moved here two and a half years ago. I honestly don't feel like ever going back. The small town, not a lot to do, mediocre atmosphere. I'm just not okay with it.

Yeah, my hometown has 470 people. Basically has a bar, grocery store, church, gas station, and a hardware store. That's about it. Just not for me.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Yeah, my hometown has 470 people. Basically has a bar, grocery store, church, gas station, and a hardware store. That's about it. Just not for me.

That sounds awful. My graduating class was 200 and I thought that was a minimal amount.

Just now, iPwn said:

That sounds awful. My graduating class was 200 and I thought that was a minimal amount.

My graduation class (consisted of three small towns) was 47. It was the largest in like 4-5 years. The follow graduation class had under 40. 

18 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

My graduation class (consisted of three small towns) was 47. It was the largest in like 4-5 years. The follow graduation class had under 40. 

Did you even have sports teams? Or a school band? I can't imagine you would have enough kids for much of any type of extracurricular activities.

4 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Did you even have sports teams? Or a school band? I can't imagine you would have enough kids for much of any type of extracurricular activities.

Somehow, yes. Golf/Football/Basketball/Baseball/Volleyball/Track etc. Also had a band. School in total was about 150-200 people in the HS. Football is down to 8-man though.

11 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Somehow, yes. Golf/Football/Basketball/Baseball/Volleyball/Track etc. Also had a band. School in total was about 150-200 people in the HS. Football is down to 8-man though.

8 people on the football team total?

Just now, iPwn said:

8 people on the football team total?

No, just 8 guys on offense/defense instead of the usual.

Just now, .Buzz said:

No, just 8 guys on offense/defense instead of the usual.

I take it there's other teams in the area that are built the same?

Which positions do you lose with that set up?

4 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I take it there's other teams in the area that are built the same?

Which positions do you lose with that set up?

Think they just drop two tackles and a WR on offense and two DB's and one DL on defense. Not 100% sure though as they switched after I graduated. Haven't been back to catch a game with college and all.