The tWo Hangout

Just now, Jags said:

This means that our field test was a failure. Hmm. Well I guess you should tune in to protest the protesters now. I'll apologize in advance for what you'll have to sit through. 

Not sure on this still.

3 minutes ago, Jags said:

Which part? The field test, or watching trash burn in real time? Seriously though,  how bad is this team?

Watching trash.

Bad enough that I really struggle with the idea of watching them play anymore. This might be their best team in a while and I just can’t deal with the incompetence.

2 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Watching trash.

Bad enough that I really struggle with the idea of watching them play anymore. This might be their best team in a while and I just can’t deal with the incompetence.

This team has finally become watchable. The defense has been entertaining all year long, but it's offense that's still lacking because Bortles throws of timing, but honestly I was more upset with officiating during the Jets game. That's a first in years because they haven't been good enough to give the benefit of the doubt until now.

8 minutes ago, iPwn said:

In on field product alone, I don’t doubt that. My issue with them is deeper than the end product.

I understand that you're much more upset with the head of the snake, but you rode the Gus bus and made it out alive, wouldn't you like to see what a halfway competent coach, and a few changes could do? 

What's your biggest gripe? Dave Caldwell? Coughlin hiring? Marron hiring, which was called out in the early 16 season. 

8 minutes ago, Jags said:

What's your biggest gripe?

I’m attempting to write an article on it to fully expunge what I mean. But my gripe is the lack of basic project management skills.

On the business side, everything Shad does fits to a singular idea of how to make the Jaguars a global brand, while also making EverBank the destination for football. Everything he does works towards that model. On the football side, they’ve told us what their singular idea is, but don’t actually adhere to it. They do whatever, never think a step ahead, and it turns out hilariously bad. It’s gotten a little better under Coughlin, but it’s just still so messed up, and I’be just hit the point that I can’t enjoy watching a team I know is going to be a mess.

Take this latest game for an example.

They have Fournette on a touch count so they don’t wear him out on the season. Weeks 1-3 were all blowouts when Fournette could get rest. However all three of those games, Fournette was on the field more than he was in a game that went to Overtime. Shouldn’t your biggest weapon get rest in blowouts and be used more in crucial downs?

Then they just used him whenever on his touch count so that they felt they needed someone else on the field on crucial third down plays.

Fournette is supposed to be this player that takes pressure off of Bortles and makes his job easier. That’s what we were all told. However in the one game that they needed pressure taken off Bortles so that he could make plays, Fournette saw the field on 4 plays that weren’t designed for him. Four plays. Four. How in the blue hell is he supposed to help Bortles and the receivers have better lanes to work with if he’s only in on four goddamn plays that he isn’t the focus? And how is the team supposed to find any sort of balance when defenses know that if Fournette is on the field, there’s a 90% chance he’s touching the ball or the ball is going to be intended for him? I mean this can’t be so hard that even a mildly competent coaching staff doesn’t realize that Fournette keeps seeing stacked boxes because teams know he’s getting the ball if he’s on the field, and that he can’t help open up lanes for Bortles and the receivers if he isn’t out there when the receivers are running routes.

This is all symptomatic of a team that doesn’t understand the big picture. No one on this team (sans maybe Coughlin and Tony) knows a goddamn thing about how to take any minor thing and apply it to the bigger picture. And I’m just tired of it at all levels.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

Take this latest game for an example.

They have Fournette on a touch count so they don’t wear him out on the season. Weeks 1-3 were all blowouts when Fournette could get rest. However all three of those games, Fournette was on the field more than he was in a game that went to Overtime. Shouldn’t your biggest weapon get rest in blowouts and be used more in crucial downs?

Then they just used him whenever on his touch count so that they felt they needed someone else on the field on crucial third down plays.

Fournette is supposed to be this player that takes pressure off of Bortles and makes his job easier. That’s what we were all told. However in the one game that they needed pressure taken off Bortles so that he could make plays, Fournette saw the field on 4 plays that weren’t designed for him. Four plays. Four. How in the blue hell is he supposed to help Bortles and the receivers have better lanes to work with if he’s only in on four goddamn plays that he isn’t the focus? And how is the team supposed to find any sort of balance when defenses know that if Fournette is on the field, there’s a 90% chance he’s touching the ball or the ball is going to be intended for him? I mean this can’t be so hard that even a mildly competent coaching staff doesn’t realize that Fournette keeps seeing stacked boxes because teams know he’s getting the ball if he’s on the field, and that he can’t help open up lanes for Bortles and the receivers if he isn’t out there when the receivers are running routes.

This is all symptomatic of a team that doesn’t understand the big picture. No one on this team (sans maybe Coughlin and Tony) knows a goddamn thing about how to take any minor thing and apply it to the bigger picture. And I’m just tired of it at all levels.

No. I like it. I love it. It's great. I mean he does have 12 catches so he's getting 3 a game, but overall you have a great point. I think bigcatcountry just had an article about the frustrating use of LF.