Jump to content
Adrenaline_Flux

The tWo Hangout

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Did the same here (except the high was 93). I cannot deal with this.

lol

I went to the Bahamas on a vacation with my dad once and was in Florida for this past spring break and loved it but I also was there in between January and late March. That type of weather is perfect. I just don't want to have to deal with what it's like from May/June-September...plus, a lot of people seem to hate winter but I honestly don't mind it. Not my favorite of course but still. In the winter time you can just wear more layers and be fine...summer time you are just screwed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

snow1600.jpgI grew up in a town where this was something that could happen from one snowstorm. So I hated winter for a long time. But these Midwest winters with like 1/4 of the snow I used to get, I like these. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, iPwn said:

snow1600.jpgI grew up in a town where this was something that could happen from one snowstorm. So I hated winter for a long time. But these Midwest winters with like 1/4 of the snow I used to get, I like these. 

Jeez, yeah I don't blame you. It's been a lot more mild recently then when I was younger I feel like though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta say, this Chester Bennington news is rough. My childhood I absolutely loved those guys. Haven't really kept up with them much recently but man. Makes it even worse when you find out today was Chris Cornell's (singer of Audioslave and Soundgarden) 53rd birthday who passed away a while back. Chester even sang at his funeral.

Rough.

Edited by .Buzz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Gotta say, this Chester Bennington news is rough. My childhood I absolutely loved those guys. Haven't really kept up with them much recently but man. Makes it even worse when you find out today was Chris Cornell's (singer of Audioslave and Soundgarden) 53rd birthday who passed away a while back. Chester even sang at his funeral.

Rough.

I wasn't much of a fan of Linkin Park (aside from a few songs from their first album and the mashup with Jay-Z). But it's always super tragic when someone takes their life.

I don't want to speculate, but I'd assume he was dealing with a ton of pain and Cornell's birthday just was too much for him to handle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I wasn't much of a fan of Linkin Park (aside from a few songs from their first album and the mashup with Jay-Z). But it's always super tragic when someone takes their life.

I don't want to speculate, but I'd assume he was dealing with a ton of pain and Cornell's birthday just was too much for him to handle.

My mom loves Linkin Park and rock in general so I kind of grew up on it. Songs such as: Somewhere I Belong, Numb, Crawling, etc. I listened to all the time. Definitely have kind of grew out of that genre of music unless I want some type of music while running/working out...so haven't kept up. But it sounds like their new stuff is completely different.

Yeah, he has a pretty rough background. Had some not so good things happen in his childhood. Last few years it sounds like he's had some health problems/depression and then one of his mentors/best friends/guys he looked up to passed away. Can't even imagine. Just rough all the way around.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't want to muddy up the other thread completely, so I figured I would post it here. One thing we're really going to stop is the general topic threads.

 

As moderators, a good deal of the blame does fall on us for pushing towards those topics, but we need to break out of these. This action where we jump from Draft Thread to Minicamp Thread to Training Camp Thread to Preseason Thread to Gameday Threads to Free Agency Thread then back to Draft Thread is what kills forums. Someone comes in and all they see is one thread with new content, and either they think nothing is happening on the forum because people are only talking in one topic, or they get discouraged because they don't care to read through 20 pages of a topic to find out if there is anything that is of interest to them. 

Webby calls this the beast, and it's something that every moderator is now looking to do a much better job of handling. Before, we're tell you to "just put it in the draft thread, it's not that big of a topic" because "the forum looks cluttered if you make too many threads" but we do need to make the effort to change that and make new threads, even if those threads are only going to get one or two replies. I've made three threads with no replies so far. And that's fine because when the new people come in, that's three other threads they can see as active and choose to participate in if they want. And if they don't reply, that's okay too.

I'm going to keep that thread because there's just some stuff that you can't make a discussion out of. Showing video of a sideline catch by ARob doesn't deserve it's own thread and isn't going to generate any discussion other than "wow, nice catch", but some people might want to see it. But storylines, whether they be a camp battle, a player starting to turn heads, injuries, a wave of cuts, or what have you - those should end up with their own threads.

Not scolding or anything, we've just spent a lot of time as moderators discussing how to bring back activity to the forum and I think it's only fair to let everyone know why things are changing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any of you guys have any interest in an AFC South fantasy league? Figure we could do 16 teams to evenly spread it across the division if the interest was out there. Something like 5 Titans fans, 5 Jags fans, 5 Texans fans and a Colts fan lol. We've got a long-running keeper league in the Titans forum, but it's been awhile since we've just run a basic standard league. Obviously I'll post this in the old FF if we want to start the ball rolling, but figured I'd gauge some interest before thinking about setting things up/a draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

My mom loves Linkin Park and rock in general so I kind of grew up on it. Songs such as: Somewhere I Belong, Numb, Crawling, etc. I listened to all the time. Definitely have kind of grew out of that genre of music unless I want some type of music while running/working out...so haven't kept up. But it sounds like their new stuff is completely different.

Yeah, he has a pretty rough background. Had some not so good things happen in his childhood. Last few years it sounds like he's had some health problems/depression and then one of his mentors/best friends/guys he looked up to passed away. Can't even imagine. Just rough all the way around.

I just checked through. I guess Numb was on their second album.

It's really weird seeing grown people say they like some of these bands I grew up hearing because of their parents. I was in 7th grade when Hybrid Theory released. I was a Freshman when I first heard Numb. Adults growing up liking that because of their parents isn't supposed to happen for another 10 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Any of you guys have any interest in an AFC South fantasy league? Figure we could do 16 teams to evenly spread it across the division if the interest was out there. Something like 5 Titans fans, 5 Jags fans, 5 Texans fans and a Colts fan lol. We've got a long-running keeper league in the Titans forum, but it's been awhile since we've just run a basic standard league. Obviously I'll post this in the old FF if we want to start the ball rolling, but figured I'd gauge some interest before thinking about setting things up/a draft.

I would be interested depending on which site you do it on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sent out PMS to 14 Jags fans on the site yesterday. So far Corry, KYDI and jaguarfan have signed up.

if I had to guess, the next wave of invites will be sent out today or tomorrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I sent out PMS to 14 Jags fans on the site yesterday. So far Corry, KYDI and jaguarfan have signed up.

if I had to guess, the next wave of invites will be sent out today or tomorrow. 

AWesome. Is Web just going to keep sending invites every couple days if people sign up until this launches before the season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, iPwn said:

I didn't want to muddy up the other thread completely, so I figured I would post it here. One thing we're really going to stop is the general topic threads.

 

As moderators, a good deal of the blame does fall on us for pushing towards those topics, but we need to break out of these. This action where we jump from Draft Thread to Minicamp Thread to Training Camp Thread to Preseason Thread to Gameday Threads to Free Agency Thread then back to Draft Thread is what kills forums. Someone comes in and all they see is one thread with new content, and either they think nothing is happening on the forum because people are only talking in one topic, or they get discouraged because they don't care to read through 20 pages of a topic to find out if there is anything that is of interest to them. 

Webby calls this the beast, and it's something that every moderator is now looking to do a much better job of handling. Before, we're tell you to "just put it in the draft thread, it's not that big of a topic" because "the forum looks cluttered if you make too many threads" but we do need to make the effort to change that and make new threads, even if those threads are only going to get one or two replies. I've made three threads with no replies so far. And that's fine because when the new people come in, that's three other threads they can see as active and choose to participate in if they want. And if they don't reply, that's okay too.

I'm going to keep that thread because there's just some stuff that you can't make a discussion out of. Showing video of a sideline catch by ARob doesn't deserve it's own thread and isn't going to generate any discussion other than "wow, nice catch", but some people might want to see it. But storylines, whether they be a camp battle, a player starting to turn heads, injuries, a wave of cuts, or what have you - those should end up with their own threads.

Not scolding or anything, we've just spent a lot of time as moderators discussing how to bring back activity to the forum and I think it's only fair to let everyone know why things are changing.

I got you. I'll start doing that from now on. 

I guess I'm kind of confused what we do during the draft, during training camp, and during the games though without a thread to discuss what is going on though. Are we able to still have those threads but when there is news (especially during training camp, or we draft a player, or a player gets hurt in a game, etc) we make a thread to talk about it or?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Any of you guys have any interest in an AFC South fantasy league? Figure we could do 16 teams to evenly spread it across the division if the interest was out there. Something like 5 Titans fans, 5 Jags fans, 5 Texans fans and a Colts fan lol. We've got a long-running keeper league in the Titans forum, but it's been awhile since we've just run a basic standard league. Obviously I'll post this in the old FF if we want to start the ball rolling, but figured I'd gauge some interest before thinking about setting things up/a draft.

I may have some interest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

AWesome. Is Web just going to keep sending invites every couple days if people sign up until this launches before the season?

Not entirely sure, but that's kinda how it seems it'll be. As long as people are interested, we'll get them moved over in waves and make sure the transition is smooth. Then the final wave will be to move over everyone who didn't sign up, that's posted within the last 3 years and has at least 10 posts. That one is probably gonna be a mess, so we want as many guys to come over before as we can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×