The tWo Hangout

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

I got you. I'll start doing that from now on. 

I guess I'm kind of confused what we do during the draft, during training camp, and during the games though without a thread to discuss what is going on though. Are we able to still have those threads but when there is news (especially during training camp, or we draft a player, or a player gets hurt in a game, etc) we make a thread to talk about it or?

You got it. We still want a place for things to be discussed in real time. So these threads are fine like that.

We can't have a thread for every first down conversion in a game, but we still want you to be able to discuss those things too, so we're still going to have general discussion threads. But those will largely stay as general notes.

So for example, during training camp we'll have threads that are:

[Player A] Injured

I really think [Player B] has a chance to be a starter

[Player C] continues to impress in camp

[Player D] might be on the roster bubble

The best camp battle appears to be at [Position X] 

Guys, Blake's throwing motion looks so much better!

and then in the general notes thread, we'll have

Bortles went 7/8 with a TD today [tweet]

Marrone's presser after the practice [video]

Check out this INT by Ramsey [gif]

The defense outplayed the offense at today's practice

Henne had 13 reps with the first team today

And things like that.

And even if stuff gets posted in the general notes thread, if you think it can spur some discussion, feel free to make a thread with it too. If you see a trend in there, go ahead and copy all the tweets into a new thread. If you listen to the after practice presser and something intrigues you, go ahead and make a thread about it. 

Also, if you're unsure if it deserves its own thread and just put it in the general thread, that's okay too. @Adrenaline_Flux and I read enough on here that we'll probably give it a second look. And we have the tools to take posts and split them into new threads.

One thing though, we don't want duplicate threads. We can have four active threads about Leonard Fournette, but they need to be different topics. If your discussion can easily fit into an existing thread without changing the direction of the thread, it should go there. But if you're bringing up something entirely new - like if you had questions about him as a blocker - those don't need to go in the thread about predicting his production.

There's going to be trial and error, and a lot of retraining both for mods and posters, so we don't expect to get this right out of the gate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iPwn said:

I sent out PMS to 14 Jags fans on the site yesterday. So far Corry, KYDI and jaguarfan have signed up.

if I had to guess, the next wave of invites will be sent out today or tomorrow. 

JC just signed up too

Just now, .Buzz said:

Think it'd be fine if I just continue ranking the roster here instead of the old site? I really don't care to go back there unless I'm asking someone to come here.

Yup. Go for it. I honestly almost deleted your thread on the old forum for #2 and told you to wait because we had a surprise coming.

2 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

I assume you guys are OK w/ me posting 10 embedded videos in one post here on this subforum, huh? if that's cool here, im never going back to packland. 

@iPwn @CWood21

If it was good music...I'm all ears...but your taste in music is how do we put this gently...horrible.

7 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

I assume you guys are OK w/ me posting 10 embedded videos in one post here on this subforum, huh? if that's cool here, im never going back to packland. 

@iPwn @CWood21

I mean go for it if you want. Until it gets to the point of being annoying or bogging down page loads, go for it.