The tWo Hangout

5 hours ago, iPwn said:

What is this nonsense?

They're nice man.  You should try one sometime.  Very solid concrete thing that you can rely on.

Good luck knowing which street to turn on in the aftermath of WWIII when your digital maps are wiped from existence.

10 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Good luck knowing which street to turn on in the aftermath of WWIII when your digital maps are wiped from existence.

I feel this would just exacerbate the problem that traditional maps have anyway, which is construction makes detours enevitable. And then imagine all the destruction to the roads during WWIII and you’re gonna be headed down the wrong road all the time.

At least Waze will tell me which streets the bandits are camping out on.

On 11/12/2017 at 9:45 AM, iPwn said:

I feel this would just exacerbate the problem that traditional maps have anyway, which is construction makes detours enevitable. And then imagine all the destruction to the roads during WWIII and you’re gonna be headed down the wrong road all the time.

At least Waze will tell me which streets the bandits are camping out on.

Detours are just the scenic route.  It's not so bad.

On 11/13/2017 at 5:13 PM, iPwn said:

Detours are fine. Not knowing they’re there until you come up on one is not ideal. 

That's what makes them exciting!  It's a surprise!

And you can sit there and fold your paper map for hours while you wait in traffic.  So it's dual-purpose basically.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2017 at 1:59 AM, Tugboat said:

And you can sit there and fold your paper map for hours while you wait in traffic.  So it's dual-purpose basically.

On 11/11/2017 at 6:23 PM, Tugboat said:

I like having stuff kinda separate i think. 

You’re a fraud.