The tWo Hangout

On 5/5/2020 at 9:02 PM, pwny said:

On 5/13/2018 at 10:57 AM, pwny said:

This one is my next targeted purchase, but it’s easy enough to get that I’m not gonna worry about getting it right now.

9f600b112260c914221f199b2b88628b.jpg

Ha haaaa.

Decided I was finally going to get this, and now I can’t find it. 

Update: I found and ordered one. They’re still really hard to find though.

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

I was looking for one like that.  Where did you find it?

eBay. There’s two different sizes still available on there, but otherwise it’s completely bare for that look with the old logo unless you’re buying one that’s already been worn in by someone else.

If you want the new logo with two tone (and you should probably not dive in with the old logo anyway), lids and fanatics have a ton of options. 

1 minute ago, pwny said:

eBay. There’s two different sizes still available on there, but otherwise it’s completely bare for that look with the old logo unless you’re buying one that’s already been worn in by someone else.

If you want the new logo with two tone (and you should probably not dive in with the old logo anyway), lids and fanatics have a ton of options. 

Ok thanks.  I was looking at your old jerseys and they were some of the best in the league.  I'm not all that big on the new ones.  They are ok, but nothing special (other than the teal color, which I love).

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Ok thanks.  I was looking at your old jerseys and they were some of the best in the league.  I'm not all that big on the new ones.  They are ok, but nothing special (other than the teal color, which I love).

I’m assuming you’re talking about the 90’s and early 2000’s jerseys? Those are also pretty hard to find outside of the Mitchell & Ness ones. 

6 minutes ago, pwny said:

I’m assuming you’re talking about the 90’s and early 2000’s jerseys? Those are also pretty hard to find outside of the Mitchell & Ness ones. 

Yes, probably.  This is an example of what I was thinking of.  It says it was from 2005.  The colors are amazing.  I absolutely hated the two-toned black/gold matte helmets.

PH-304239954.jpg&maxW=900&maxH=900&cache

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Yes, probably.  This is an example of what I was thinking of.  It says it was from 2005.  The colors are amazing.  I absolutely hated the two-toned black/gold matte helmets.

PH-304239954.jpg&maxW=900&maxH=900&cache

Yeah, that style (with some differences in certain years) was the norm from 1995-2008.

2009-2012 were the ones with the sparkle helmets. 

Then the two toned helmets with the new logo from 2013-2017. 

And now the current jerseys since.

I think most people wish we would go back to teal primaries. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

How's everyone doing? Coming up on 10 months in Covid madness the season is over but the offseason will keep us busy. How's everyone doing? How's the family/friends/work etc?

Doing great here. Work’s about to get more busy again, but that’s normal this time of the year. Home life with the mrs has been fantastic in spite of the struggles that *should* come with a pandemic. We’re finding ways to get out of the house and do things on weekends while socially distancing; going on nature trails and stuff has been good.

Friends? Man, I haven’t seen a friend in person in over a year. 😂

How are you doing?

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

Doing great here. Work’s about to get more busy again, but that’s normal this time of the year. Home life with the mrs has been fantastic in spite of the struggles that *should* come with a pandemic. We’re finding ways to get out of the house and do things on weekends while socially distancing; going on nature trails and stuff has been good.

Friends? Man, I haven’t seen a friend in person in over a year. 😂

How are you doing?

Hanging in there. We didnt have a choice but to send my son to daycare so thats been challenging with him getting "normal" sick alot and my wife stressed to the moon teaching. Otherwise things are okay, parents just got Covid and are doing well now. 

I also haven't seen anyone in forever. Been running alot more to stay sane 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Hanging in there. We didnt have a choice but to send my son to daycare so thats been challenging with him getting "normal" sick alot and my wife stressed to the moon teaching. Otherwise things are okay, parents just got Covid and are doing well now. 

I also haven't seen anyone in forever. Been running alot more to stay sane 

I can definitely see where that would be stressful. Glad your parents are doing well.

Thinking more about it, the last time I saw any friends was right around this time last year when we flew into Chicago for a friend’s birthday. It’s been a while. But a group of us started playing d&d to give us a weekly online meetup to talk and socialize and all that. It’s been a big lifesaver to get that in most weeks.