The tWo Hangout

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Tickets for game at Houston have been purchased. First row, right behind the Jaguars bench. You all should be able to see me on the tv.

Gonna get Trevor to give me a hug!

If he's not already all hugged out. From all the opposing pass rushers doting their embraces upon him. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JiffyJag said:

The defense hasn’t exactly looked elite in these first games either lol 

No, but they have looked serviceable.   If the offense can figure how to also be serviceable we'll have a chance to win 7nor 8 games.  To me, the unit that has looked the weakest so far is the o-line and it's not really close.

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Anybody remotely care about Paul/Woodley tonight? 

Nope. Woodley is washed, and it’s clear that any serious fight Paul has, they’re paying the opponent out the wazoo to not actually dominate. 

2 hours ago, pwny said:

Nope. Woodley is washed, and it’s clear that any serious fight Paul has, they’re paying the opponent out the wazoo to not actually dominate. 

It certainly looked like that statement was validated tonight. Woodley had Paul staggered a few times and backed into the corner frequently but let off the gas and didn't attack to either finish him off or at least put pressure on him. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

This seems like as good a place as any to post this:

One thing that does not get talked about enough with him is how good he was as a receiver too. Had he played in today’s NFL, he might have been better than he was during his career.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, pwny said:

One thing that does not get talked about enough with him is how good he was as a receiver too. Had he played in today’s NFL, he might have been better than he was during his career.

He really was such a well-rounded back.  Was there really anything he couldn't do at a high level?

Like, if i'm drawing up what i want in a RB and generating it in a lab...it quite honestly probably comes out an awful lot like Freddy.

9 hours ago, Tugboat said:

He really was such a well-rounded back.  Was there really anything he couldn't do at a high level?

Like, if i'm drawing up what i want in a RB and generating it in a lab...it quite honestly probably comes out an awful lot like Freddy.

Early career, he didn’t take his nutrition and maintenance seriously and that probably played a role in his injuries. That’s the only thing he “couldn’t do”. But also I feel like that’s a failure of those around him too. He went to get training for the combine and the dude who was gonna train him watched him run and told him to go home because nothing could be better, then went and ran a 4.29 after sitting on his couch for months eating junk food and playing video games. Had he had someone doing what Urban Meyer is doing for all these guys now, I can’t imagine he wouldn’t have figured that out right from the get go. 

But yeah. Sub-4.3 speed, agility with his jump cut was off the charts, bully power that could bowl over guys, he had a good stiff arm, elite vision, laboratory ideal size, soft hands, good in the flat and on extended routes, exceptional start/stop acceleration, very slippery as a runner, and always kept picking up yards even when context stuck, and while his jump cut was his best, he still had a variety of successful ways to keep defenders on their toes. Before Coughlin got obsessed with having a dedicated short yardage back paired with him, Fred showed that he was exceptional as a short yardage and goal line runner too. And he always rose to the occasion in the biggest moments. And he was an active, technically sound blocker who always held great leverage and had vision for picking up the free defender. 

I can’t imagine we’ll ever have a back as complete as him again. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Charles said:

You've obviously never had a neighbor who owned beagles. 

I had a neighbor with a small dog that bit me on the butt when I was like 3 years old. And the people who moved in afterwards had a dachshund. Not quite beagles, but close enough.

Guests not realizing they need to leave is still up there.

4 hours ago, pwny said:

I had a neighbor with a small dog that bit me on the butt when I was like 3 years old. And the people who moved in afterwards had a dachshund. Not quite beagles, but close enough.

Guests not realizing they need to leave is still up there.

Yeah.  Those things can both be right up there.  Terrible things all around.

• 1 month later...